XR1200 Owners Group banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Joe Mama!
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My BMW sport tourer let me down for the last time. I traded it in on an XR1200 about a month ago.

I've not regretted a single mile, I love the bike and all the attention it gets, but I have yet to see anyone else here from Washington state.

I've been lurking about and generally posting on a few things. Bike is stock for now, but will work with MC metal on some suspension upgrades and probably do the Supertrapp cheapo mod and a fueler soon. I also want some CF loving from Adrenalin Moto.

In an amazing karmic moment, I rode my last surviving BMW today and it left me on the side of the road with a dead shorted battery.

What's even more sick, the bike is less than a year old and the warranty doesn't cover the battery. You can only get one from the fatherland and it's over a buck and a quarter for a 10 amp hour battery.

Guess I'm back on the XR for a while. :clap:

Hey all ya' :censored: thanks for a great site!!!

·
Premium Member
14,912 Posts
Welcome FlyPig! Well I've always heard people say "When pigs fly...", I guess that time is here!

Oh, and BMW's never break so it must be your fault....that what my BMW riding brother says anyway.

Looking forward to your participation, enjoy.

·
Scooter Trash
194 Posts
Welcome aboard FlyPig. What model BMW did you have? I had a BMW battery die on me after 2 years of ownership and it was covered under warranty. Enjoy the XR and keep the shiney side up.

·
Joe Mama!
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had an 03 K1200RS that ate 3 clutches in 34K miles, all due to defective parts oiling the clutch. When they told me it was going to be $2400 to replace, I gave up and traded it in on the XR.

The one that died on me yesterday is an '07 G650X Moto. I keep it because sometimes you just need to be a hooligan and the XR really doesn't jump curbs and climb stairs as well. :D

·
Joe Mama!
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I went to the closest HD dealer to buy an oil filter and get some free BBQ.

All three of the XR's that were there a month ago are gone. That means there are at least 3 more new owners in my area, but nobody showing up here. :whistling:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.