XR1200 Owners Group banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
skipper
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Augusto , I am 59 years young and owned all italian bikes in my life such as Moto Guzzi , Ducati, Beta, Gilera plus Honda , Kawa and Suzuki . Never owned an Harley before. 5.500 Kms from July. The bike is perfect for my Tuscany roads even if I would like to have more " punch" . Tx Gus .

·
Premium Member
4,480 Posts
Dude, welcome!

Welcome from the Heart of Dixie (Alabama, USA).

I think we are all envious of Italians.....the home of Ferrari's, spaghetti, and Sophia Loren.

A few years back my wife and I and a couple friends rented a van and spent two weeks knocking around Italy.....from Positano to Milan.....the best two weeks of my life...

Welcome to the board! We look forward to your contrbutions.

·
Some gave all
124 Posts
Bongiorno Agusto, sono Giusseppe, mi amici chiami Beppe. Anchio Moto Italiani, come Guzzi/Ducati/benelli per tutto mi vita. eh come tu, mi piacono mi nuovo XR1200 moltissimo. E grasso, 580lbs piu me, mah mio grande tifosi di Renzo Pasolini, e Giacomo Agostini, e il ragazzo Rossi. Bienveneto Signore. Le trova molte amici nuovo qui.

·
skipper
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Grazie Vecchio Lupo , thanks you all guys. Grazie Beppe, ero quasi certo che sotto il nome Vecchio Lupo ci fosse qualcuno dalla mia terra. I was quite sure that under the nickname Vecchio Lupo there was someone from my same country .
Augusto.

·
Son of a Son of a Sailor
195 Posts
Welcome

Welcome to our forum, you will find many enthusiastic people here, all enjoying the XR1200. I hope to be able to visit your area someday, I have a friend in Rimini who is interested in the XR also. He collects old Indians and Harleys. I have tried to convince him that he would like the XR, but he is not ready yet.

Enjoy the information and stories on this board. I am sure you will find many with similar experiences, I have owned Ducati, Benneli and Moto Guzzi. I was a Moto Guzzi and Benneli dealer in the 1980's. I just bought a Moto Guzzi LeMans from Vecchio Lupo, will be getting it next week.

Ciao,
Tony

Vecchio, did you say you were as unconventional as Pasolini, large as Agostini and as fast as Rossi?

·
Reputation points: -4
1,205 Posts
Ciao Gus!!
Welcome to your new XR forum. I had a wonderful time riding in Italy last summer from Venice & Treviso to the Pyranees. How lucky you are to have such a beautiful place to ride your XR.

·
All things considered I'd rather be at the FloraBa
184 Posts
Grazie Vecchio Lupo , thanks you all guys. Grazie Beppe, ero quasi certo che sotto il nome Vecchio Lupo ci fosse qualcuno dalla mia terra. I was quite sure that under the nickname Vecchio Lupo there was someone from my same country .
Augusto.
DO you know Fettuccine Aleredo ?? he also rides an XR1200.. How about Emeril ?BAM Just remember.. pasta should always be FIRM, never Sticky, Simply Delicious :eek::eek::p:p:)

·
skipper
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes RunHD , I ordered the bike in November 2007 and later on joined the forum . I had the bike in July and took me a while to appreciate her. Before I drove light supermotard bikes such as XR650 and off road XR400 (both Hondas) . Augh.

G

·
yeah I remember you augh and some spanish guys that got their bikes about 3 weeks earlier than mme in switzerland! haha

welcome to the board! living in northern switzerland I'm not so far away from you...sure thing I'm going on a south trip in summer with the XR! first ticino then maybe north italy! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts