XR1200 Owners Group banner

Hello from Georgia

2K views 30 replies 10 participants last post by  streettracker 
#1 ·
Just a little into of myself. Im a new member here and new owner of a black XR. I actually live in LaFayette, GA but for sake of making location easy Ill say Chattanooga, TN since most people know where that is and its close to where I live. I bought my bike from Mtn Creek HD in Dalton GA. Ive been lurking the forums for quiet sometime but didnt want to join till I got my bike. Well anyway, Hey all

#2 ·
Good to see another Jawja boy on the forum. Welcome to our confused discourse. If you wake up in the middle of the night thinking about something you saw on the forum please seek medical care. LOL :innocent: Later,

#3 ·
Welcome!

Welcome Beau! You live in a great spot to have an XR. Can we stay at your place when we go to ride the Dragon? [:)]

Georgia, huh? I hope you're not Fat Billy's cousin. And too bad you're so close to Tennessee....as we like to say in Ala-BAMA, nothing sucks like the Big Orange! (for our International members that's a college football reference [:)])

Anyway, glad to have you. Send pics!

#4 ·
Hold it Magoo! Our bikes are orange and do not SUCK! If you think I'm inbread because my x-wife is my sister I'll come and get you somehow. The best thing to come out of Alabama is I-20. Inbread? I resemble that remark Bama Boy! LOL :D Later,

G
#8 ·
Get rid of the stock cans.

They suck balls.

For 300.00 and some change you could have some sweet little shorties (Supertrapps) hanging off those pipes.

Seriously, congrats you purchased the kewlest color and..................... get some new cans.:D

#9 ·
Im not originally from here,I moved here about beginning of year from San Diego. And I miss California soooo much. Anywho Ive been down to athens once and it was pretty cool. I have family that lives in jacksonville Ive been wanting to go see them since I moved over here. Theres the plan you ride up to athens on your bike then I meet you there then we ride down to FL lol just kidding but really sometime during summer I do plan on going down there I hope

#15 ·
Did you ever fix your shifter? :)

#16 ·
Hey Magoo :D Did I ever what? drop my bike more than the 5 or so times at anything more than 5mph? Yes more drops No at anything more than a slow roll (knock on wood) I think I am on my 3rd set of levers...
So changes with the bike lets see I just got new handlebars so ditching the nightrod bars for the V&H race bars, spider grips (in fast orange), v&h rear risers, and oh yea the new levers in black.
Changes with me haha I rejoined the military. After being out of the Marines for so long I kind of missed it and thought maybe the Guard would be a nice easy alternative. So that has been keeping me busy and thats about it with me..There we have it 4 or 5 years caught up in a sentence :D

Oh that awesome custom shift peg! Yea which I think was like 30$ the bolt was a much cheaper alternative I think.. and prob cut down on some weight.

#17 ·
Hahahaha....Beau! As I recall you were in school in Chattanooga when you bought the XR...and it was your first bike! Lol...dude, I worried about you ...... As for our very first Dragon group, it's just you and me left.....Fat Billy disappeared, I fear he is deceased, and I think I unintentionally disrespected Longbow somehow, he dropped off the forum, last I heard I think he was a civilian chopper instructor at FT Rucker.

Im very happy you are still with us! Very Happy :clap: :clap:

#18 ·
Yep the school thing is going very slow. Like a couple classes a semester slow. Maybe Billy and longbow just forgot their log in and password too.
There are loads of new names Ive seen and a few old ones which is nice. Maybe one of the admins can fix my SN to merge it with the old one or something so I can get my huge post count of 66 back and my join date so I can say Im OG...lol. Anyway thanks again for the welcome back messages and magoo we will have to meet up sometime.

#19 ·
......... Maybe one of the admins can fix my SN to merge it with the old one or something so I can get my huge post count of 66 back and my join date so I can say Im OG...lol.......

So shall it be done! :)

#28 ·
It mystifies me that she had an estimated net worth of $150 million in 2013, when there are lots of starving jazz, blues, and classical musicians out there.
Oh, and welcome back, Beau

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.