XR1200 Owners Group banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,Doug from new zealand here got my xr1200 3 weeks ago and have already clocked up 2000kms I work in a dealership here in wellington new zealand and have ridden harleys and triumphs for the last 20 years have already modified the bike with night rod bars,ohlins shocks,got rid of the flapper valve,30t front pulley was going to build an exhaust this w/end using a yoshi muffler but tubing hasn't turned so will have to go riding instead thanks c-ya.

·
Premium Member
4,478 Posts
Welcome!

DUDE! You are way the F down there! Holy cow....its sounds like you are well underway on your XR already. There are a lot of people here interested in that 30 tooth conversion....

Welcome and we look forward to your input!:)

·
My giant goes with me wherever I go.
14,911 Posts
hmmmmmmmm

Big Doug, huh? You wouldn't happen to be related to Fat Billy would ya?:)

·
A few roos short in the front paddock
88 Posts
G'Day Doug,
Welcome, from someone on the same latitude. it seems you are well underway to making the XR your own. That is one one of the beauties of them. Tinker or modify to suit exactly your riding style or requirements. Please keep us informed with the work you are doing to the bike, particular the 30t drive pulley.

·
Reputation points: -4
1,205 Posts
Big D--Welcome to the forum. I had the greatest ride of my life a couple years ago when I toured NZ. We did both islands in 15 days. Two rides come to mind....the big mountain right by you in Wellington. Dont remember the name of it, but we went up and over it. The roads were outstanding. It was windy that day and when you came around a corner, you nearly got blown off the mountain!! The second ride was Buller gorge. Easily the most beautiful motorcycle ride I EVER been on.
And it's true...the women get easier, the further south you go!!

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
Cybrdyke,that hill would be the rimatuka's I live about 5 mins from the btm on the wellington side and think I might just have to go for a thrash up there this evening just to test the brakes etc lol.

·
Reputation points: -4
1,205 Posts
Cybrdyke,that hill would be the rimatuka's
That's it~ Wicked riding up there. Hilly, twisty, tight, cliffs, wind, scenery, ,,,, friggin awesome!! I'm very jealous. Have fun.

·
Some gave all
122 Posts
I'm so jealous you could call me "The Incredible Bulk"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts