XR1200 Owners Group banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone...

Just pick up my XR a couple of days ago during a brief break in what seems to be an unusually wet monsoon season here on the Eastcoast. Got some decent miles in the twisties with this baby and I'm love'n her more with every mile.

I'm a long time street rider probably best described as a sport-touring type that loves the tight twisty stuff. Currently have a WR250X motard and have come from the BMW envelope (last Beemer: R1150GS). Although I definitely like a spirited pace through the twisties, I'm no ricky-racer. Sure, there's many faster and better handling bikes out there, but what I've found over many years of being a motorhead (cars or bikes), is that it is way more fun riding a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow. And what bike has more character than a Harley!

I think it's great that HD is fishing in new waters with this bike and I've taken the bait. Now I can cruise with my HD buddies and still carve with my sport bike buddies! (Ummm, wonder if it is OK show up at an HD bike night in an Aerostich :confused:)

In any case, looking forward to learning from you all, and hopefully contribute something as well. Some obligatory photos of my baby attached.

Best Regards,

David

·
Premium Member
14,912 Posts
Welcome!

David, welcome from the Alabama gulf coast!

Frankly I wish we had some of your rain down here! Haven't had any in weeks....and today I'm in my truck 'cause its too hot to ride...107 degree heat index....a few minutes at a traffic light sitting over the heat rising off that big V-twin is enough to make you leave the bike at home.

Like the country song says, "too hot to fish, too hot to golf, too cold at home..." [:)]

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome folks...

SDC, I'm from SW CT.... Cos Cob which is next to Stamford where I purchased from (Fritz's).

Magoo, I hear you about the heat.... and I can't imagine how high the humidity must be too. But at least you must have a great winter season to look forward too. I actually enjoy winter riding here in the NE (Gerbings), but don't know the HD will handle the salt.

And, XR... I'm looking forward to more miles on this baby - if it ever stops raining that is.

·
Scooter Trash
194 Posts
Welcome aboard David. Also a BMW guy and have an F800ST in the stable. Also a Gerbings guy and I'm concerned about the alternator output on the XR. I don't feel it will keep up with my full outfit.
(jacket liner, pants liner, socks and gloves) Don't forsee a problem with jacket liner and gloves. Aerostich on H-D bike night? I ride with our local HOG chapter and I am the ONLY person with full gear. It's O.K., always liked to stand out in the crowd. Enjoy the new ride.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.