XR1200 Owners Group banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a fan of the XR1200, and hope to have one soon.

I am a long time motorcyclist, and currently have a 2000 FXST (hence the username) and 1999 XL1200S in the garage. The latter belongs to my wife, but she does let me ride it on occasion … :)

I had a string of Suzukis before the Harley, including a VX800 and a Bandit 1200S. I am a bit of a fool for bikes, as I regret selling those … :(

·
Keeping Them Flying
183 Posts
Good to see a "Harley" owner that's also an XR fan. Hope you get one soon and welcome.

·
Premium Member
4,480 Posts
Hello and Wecome!

GB, you don't have to own an XR to belong. We will value your opinion based on your love of the sport and your experience with Harley's.

You guys have a state bike week coming up next month....what's that all about?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
GB, you don't have to own an XR to belong. We will value your opinion based on your love of the sport and your experience with Harley's.

You guys have a state bike week coming up next month....what's that all about?
I must apologize, but I cannot speak intelligently about the upcoming AZ bike week. I have never been there ... :(
I should have been a bit more precise in my introduction: I am a recent transplant to AZ from KY, and before that Los Angeles.

Still, this is now another reason that I should attend this year's event! :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome GB Have VS800 The VX was the sport bike version??? But the same engine Right??
I believe that the VX and VS had basically the same 805cc engine.

The VX was more of standard or UJM. No one would accuse it of being a sportbike; it was definitely the ugly duckling of its day.

VS, on the other hand, is, IMHO, one of the best looking cruisers ever built.

The VX received very little respect, but I really liked mine. I rode it everywhere and in all kinds of weather and road conditions. I put some 46K on it in less than 5 years.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.