XR1200 Owners Group banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been lurking awhile and thought I'd say hello. Ordered my XR on 12/15 and it came in just before the end of the year. I took delivery on Jan. 3rd. I live in central Ill, bought my bike at andrae's H-D Urbana, Il. I've been riding dirt bikes and dual purpose for 40 years but pretty new to the harleys. I had a 2008 nightster that I traded for the XR.

·
Reputation points: -4
1,205 Posts
Mr. Roo...
Welcome to the forum and to Harleydom. Have you had a chance to ride yet or is it still too cold there?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have not ridden it yet. warmed up a little last week but my almost mile long drive to a paved road was just to sloppy for the new shiny XR. I was so tempted but I do get to look at it all the time as it sits in my living room.

·
Reputation points: -4
1,205 Posts
Painful isn't it? I've owned mine for 2 months without being able to ride it. It's still up on a rack at the dealership. I'm hoping to ride it in March...

·
My giant goes with me wherever I go.
14,911 Posts
gotta be killing you...

Welcome spikearoo...I have a similar problem in that I have a half mile ride on a dirt road before I hit pavement. I've put about 600 miles on mine since Dec 12 delivery and haven't washed it yet. The forks and front fender are covered in mud...and that little rear pillion seat seems to catch more than its fair share....I'm guessing the rear fender let's a lot of crap by....but I don't mind.

I hate you and Cybr have to wait for the weather to break....it could be worse. Our token Canadian, firefighter, may not be able to ride his 'till July! [:)]

·
I piss excellence!
131 Posts
So Cal.....

You guys should move to California :eek:
Yeah, I have to admit the Southern Cal guys have it all....No where else can you surf, ski, go desert racing, and canyon carving all in the same day....the only problem with Southern California is that it's in Southern California...:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts