XR1200 Owners Group banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!
My name is Justin and I am a sales person at ABC Harley-Davidson in Waterford Michigan. I took delivery of my XR this afternoon. What a cool motorcycle! This is the first new Harley I have owned even though I have been a Harley dealer since 2000. I have owned several Harley and Buell models prior to this purchase and am thrilled to have the XR join my stable! It is now keeping company with a 1953 Panhead, 1963 Topper, 1999 Excelsior Henderson, and my 2000 Screamin' Eagle Road Glide (also Orange).

I am looking forward to learning more about the mods that can be done on my new toy! I ordered a BUB exhaust for it allready.

If there is anything I can do as a Harley dealer to assist any one on here just let me know!

·
Just need some extra time and a real long road.
258 Posts
Hey Justin,

Welcome aboard the XR group. It's great having a real dealer on board to help dispense with some of the rumors and misinformation that crop up from other dealers around the country.

The XR is a fantastic machine and one of the best Harleys ever produced. You made a great choice.

Again, welcome!

Rick

·
Registered
299 Posts
Hello all!
My name is Justin and I am a sales person at ABC Harley-Davidson in Waterford Michigan. I took delivery of my XR this afternoon. What a cool motorcycle! This is the first new Harley I have owned even though I have been a Harley dealer since 2000. I have owned several Harley and Buell models prior to this purchase and am thrilled to have the XR join my stable! It is now keeping company with a 1953 Panhead, 1963 Topper, 1999 Excelsior Henderson, and my 2000 Screamin' Eagle Road Glide (also Orange).

I am looking forward to learning more about the mods that can be done on my new toy! I ordered a BUB exhaust for it allready.

If there is anything I can do as a Harley dealer to assist any one on here just let me know!
You can get HD to build color matched seat cowls to replace that ugly passenger 'seat', that would be mega cool.

·
Premium Member
14,912 Posts
Welcome!

Justin, glad you found us. Its always good to have another dealer hook up. We have a couple on board now and they are very helpful.

Michigan, huh? I think you've got a few compadre's on here....maybe neighbors!

Enjoy!

·
Scooter Trash
194 Posts
Welcome aboard Justin. I worked at a BMW dealership for 4 years and it was the best job I ever had. Got to hang around motorcycle people all day AND get paid for it. We did lots of test rides and one of my duties was to lead the test ride, on the bike of my choice, on a 28 mile loop. On some Saturdays I would spend the entire day doing demo rides. If the customer wanted to try 2 bikes, we would stop at a half way point, shoot the breeze for a while, and swap rides. Boy I miss that job.:(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome! I am very excited to find a dedicated group of enthuisasts for the XR!

Who else on here is from Michigan? I am debating starting a sportster club in the southeast Michigan area and would like to connect with other XR owners in the area that would be interested in getting some rides together. I would be more than willing to host some events at my dealership for XR riders!

I agree that H-D needs to come out with some sort of replacement for the "passenger pad" on our bikes and I will share that thought with the motor company at our upcoming dealer meeting in Denver!

As a new XR owner I am interested in learning about modifications I can do to make a great bike better, and as a Dealer I want to learn what feed back I can give to Harley to make more options available to the consumer.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new bike. You will absolutely love it :D

There's lots of input here for HD so please vent all you can at the meeting in Denver.
Greetz Stef

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the congrats! I have just over 200 miles in on it now and absolutely love it! Just want to wring about 20 more ponies out of it and I will be really happy!

I am not a dealer principal I am a sales person but I work very closely with all departments in our dealership and talk almost daily with our owner, who is a former racer and very interested in hearing what we have to say!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Thanks for the congrats! I have just over 200 miles in on it now and absolutely love it! Just want to wring about 20 more ponies out of it and I will be really happy!

I am not a dealer principal I am a sales person but I work very closely with all departments in our dealership and talk almost daily with our owner, who is a former racer and very interested in hearing what we have to say!
When you're at the dealer meeting tell them the XR may not be selling large volume but the people who buy them seem to like them. In my case out of 50 some bikes in my life its one of the most fun I've ever owned.
In other words, don't be stupid and drop it until its had a good chance. Think about doing some fine tuning on suspension and handling, maybe some performance upgrades and I think it will find its market.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I agree Joe! please post any suggestions to my thread about the upcoming dealer meeting and I will get them to my parts manager who will be representing me there

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.