XR1200 Owners Group banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Delighted to have found this site (thanks, Tom)--feels like good people all around. Refreshing to find such useful information and friendly talk, not the wearisome mixed-martial-ego-arts posturing some elsewheres are so full of.

I'm waiting on delivery of my XR. Not to mention my Brit-bikes & big-twins over the years, I've had XLCH, 1200S, XLCR, 1200N, etc. Wish I still had 'em all (sounds like an old David Allan Coe song, yes?).

·
Reputation points: -4
1,205 Posts
Animosh..welcome from icy Cleveland. What color will your XR be? When can you start riding?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
riding in mid-Wisconsin

Got an orange one coming,mid/ late March. Maybe ride then? Up in these parts, summer is known as "4 weeks of bad sledding." Yes: I exaggerate. Seriously, even when the temps rise, we still gotta wait for the first round of thunderstorms to wash off all the remaining sand and salt. So the riding season isn't so long as some folks have, but, but, every spring feels like getting a bike for the first time. And that's a delight, every time.

G

·
Welcome! You'll love it when you get it, I'm having so much fun on mine.

I have trouble comprehending living in places that have snow. I should stop taking our weather for granted...

G

·
my sole buying criteria for buying a bike is "FUN". Must cause me to break out in manical laughter and idiotic grins. if it doesn't do that, I don't want it and I don't care what brand it is. My last bike was a 900 monster.

Righto, could do with some snow around here! I would love to see the look on my neighbour's face when I peg a snowball at him on a 30°C day.

·
Can it get any better than this?
181 Posts
Got an orange one coming,mid/ late March. Maybe ride then? Up in these parts, summer is known as "4 weeks of bad sledding." Yes: I exaggerate. Seriously, even when the temps rise, we still gotta wait for the first round of thunderstorms to wash off all the remaining sand and salt. So the riding season isn't so long as some folks have, but, but, every spring feels like getting a bike for the first time. And that's a delight, every time.
Greetings Animosh. Great to hear from another Wisconsinite. I bought my XR1200 in Fond Du Lac in December. I'm anxious to bring it home, but like your area the roads are covered with sand and salt. Come On Spring!

·
Reputation points: -4
1,205 Posts
Greetings Animosh. Great to hear from another Wisconsinite. I bought my XR1200 in Fond Du Lac in December. I'm anxious to bring it home, but like your area the roads are covered with sand and salt. Come On Spring!
The only satisfaction that us snowbound owners have is that all the other guys are our guniea pigs for modifications. They are coming up with some great ideas!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.