XR1200 Owners Group banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Warning! Fat people are harder to kidnap.
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am really glad to have this forum to talk about our bikes. It is nice to not have to wade through talking about forward shifter science on an 883. Rock on XR riders!!! :D Later,

G

·
Hey hey hey! Let's not get all "Elite" on our sporty brethern now! I still frequent the XL place daily. Having taken ownership of my '04 1200C less than 6 mos. before my XR.
I am still in a knowledge download on that bike. Yes, we don't need chrome farkles on our XR's, but we are still sportster owners just the same. I guess I grapple with the idea that we need our own seperate website to seperate ourselves from those "other" sportster owners...

·
Premium Member
14,910 Posts
Hey hey hey! Let's not get all "Elite" on our sporty brethern now! I still frequent the XL place daily. Having taken ownership of my '04 1200C less than 6 mos. before my XR.
I am still in a knowledge download on that bike. Yes, we don't need chrome farkles on our XR's, but we are still sportster owners just the same. I guess I grapple with the idea that we need our own seperate website to seperate ourselves from those "other" sportster owners...
Dan, I have felt the same way....but I got over it. I even got flamed on XLForum a few weeks back when I posted a remark saying some XR posters treated other sporty owners the same way big twin owners treated sporty guys in general. That apparently touched a nerve or two [:)].

The reasons Scotty and I developed this site had nothing to do with thinking we were better than our Sporty brethren (or sisterren?). It was simply to create a more focused space for XR owners to share information with participants who held a common interest. You know, finding stuff you dig without sorting through all the stuff you don't dig! More efficient.

I love the XLForum and I'm on there daily. They have an accumulated knowledge that is mind boggling. I love my '06 883R cafe racer so I spend a lot of time in the Cafe Racer threads. I like the technical stuff too so I also hang out in the engine rebuild section a lot. The XLForum is an important source of info for me.

On the other hand XLForum has over 96000 members!!! Less than 100 of those give a shit about the XR....and, face the truth, I suspect many of them HATE the XR ..... Its not what they want for Harley...they consider it a "Jap" bike and would be happier if it was never made. If you doubt that pop into any of the threads there outside of XR section and post something about how great the XR is....then duck! You are about to be nuked!

Well, I didn't mean to go on this long... And I'm on the Blackberry so my thumbs are getting tired......bottom line is I understand what you're saying but I think this site stands on its own merit...not disrespecting any other harley or being elitist in anyway....its just a place of our own... A place we can post, and read posts without being stressed by some poster who will never understand the XR.

·
Son of a Son of a Sailor
195 Posts
Not being an "eliteist"

Sorry if I ruffler a few feathers, but it was a remark made in jest. I am so opposed to the HD marketing of the XR as a touring bike, some of the accessory advertising shows their attitude. The sport rack ad says you can"maximize your touring potential" How, with a shoebox sized rack?

I belong to, read and post at many forums, XL being one of them. I also belong to the Triumph forums for the 6 Triumphs I own, and the BMW forum for the LT. Now, if we want to talk about an "eliteist" point of view, let's skip to the BMW forums. I once asked, when I first purchased my LT, if you needed full BMW gear to be acknowledged by other BMW riders, and received an answer that stated simply "Yes". I have found that I an waved at far less on my XR than on my (former) Wide Glide, seems the HD crowd does not acknowledge the XR on the road. The sportbike giys wave, but do they look confused. Almost as much as when they see the XLCR on the road. This bike is also invisible to the HD guys.

Now when I pass a BMW ON ANYTHING BUT the BMW, it's as if their hands are glued to their heated grips.

·
It aint no good locking the doors, when the madnes
7,305 Posts
The vast majority of HD, girls dont wave because they are way to far up their own arse to do so. (When I'm on my Twincam most of em dont wave to me cos i look like a tramp, and not one of the bling bling i just bought into a lifestyle boys)
They all got the, look at me (i aint got time to look at you) syndrome, pretentious gits. :rolleyes:

I aint even going there with the BMW thing :eek:

The XL Forum is about XL's to me (i dont go there often now, nothing there for me)

And the XR Owners is for XR's, and i actually think we can be a little elitist due to the fact that their aint many of us.
In my eyes the XR is a special bike, and i dont give a monkeys butt if other people wave to me or not, my bike, my world I'm in when i ride it, stuff em. :D

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt, dont care, i just love my bikes. Blah, blah, blah..........

Main thing is we all got one thing in common,..

·
....the original "don't ask me how I know" guy....
172 Posts
Sorry if I ruffler a few feathers, but it was a remark made in jest. I am so opposed to the HD marketing of the XR as a touring bike, some of the accessory advertising shows their attitude. The sport rack ad says you can"maximize your touring potential" How, with a shoebox sized rack?
Now, because of that crack you made, Im gonna be an asshole and turn my XR into a XRTG. Whats that you say? An XR Tour Glide!!!

HAHAHA

I didnt take any offence. But I will pass on stickin the chrome.....well, you know...

G

·
Anyone know where I can get a giant chopper sissy bar to fit the XR? :D J/K
I don't get waves from big twin riders on my 1200C...or on the XR....oh well.:rolleyes:

·
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The ladies always wave at me. They know that fat guy's are the best two seasons out of the four. Girls know I'm warm in the winter and I provide good shade in the summer. Plus they know a fat man in awesome with the down stroke! :D:D:D Later,

·
Premium Member
14,910 Posts
FatBilly Bragging.......

BillyboyBillyboy.....I don't doubt that the ladies love you dude...hell, as many times as you've been married they must....But I'm thinkin' it may be more for your wit and intellect...but I'm just guessin':)

·
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wow magoo it sounds as if we have known each other a long time. Truth is that I get married most the time around sundown and get divorced the next morning. Remember coyote ugly means you chew your own arm off so you can get away without waking her up. LOL :cool: Later,

G

·
hey we can all be friends

:whistling:

and since i am new here i would like to start with a
real helpful contribution.

i had the parts of my bike made by a local shop so i can fit in the
sporty AND the retirement section.....:clap:

rob

·
Son of a Son of a Sailor
195 Posts
Kinda diggin' it

Maybe if we put dual exhausts and the Ultra fairing on it???

·
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Help

Somebody call Admin! Ban photoshop! Most horrible image! No floorboards! I believe I've been Damaged! Hold it I'm gonna be ok, found a cold beer. I'll survive, Whew, that was close! :pinch: Later,

·
Premium Member
18,659 Posts
Laugh all you want, I can see guys heading down that road already :whistling:

Remember there's a company that makes the V Rod with Tour glide fairing and bags :devil:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.