XR1200 Owners Group banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Crikey mate!
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A riding buddy just picked up a (new to him) 2004 Tuono R yesterday and was itching to get acquainted with it.

So today we started out early and rode up through the back side of Angeles Crest - where we stopped for breakfast

- then up through Palmdale,

and over to the Rock Inn at Lake Elizabeth.

Our group consisted of the XR and the Tuono, a Monster 1100S, a NiteRod and a FatBoy. Of course we waited for the FatBoy at stop signs and turn offs, but he was cool with it.

The XR perfomed well through the twisties, although, as you'd expect, it was a challenge to compete on the high speed straight-aways. I did manage to get her up to 120 and was surprised at how stable it felt.

All great bikes in our group, but for the most part, when we'd pull up at one fo the biker hang joints, consistently it was the XR that garnered the most attention :D

Couple more pics here

Cheers,
-Jack

·
Warning! Fat people are harder to kidnap.
1,373 Posts
Got in 212 miles today and came home changed the oil and gave the XR a bath. The 12 pack waits for no man. :rolleyes: Later,

·
Premium Member
14,910 Posts
fast enough!

The XR perfomed well through the twisties, although, as you'd expect, it was a challenge to compete on the high speed straight-aways. I did manage to get her up to 120 and was surprised at how stable it felt.

Cheers,
-Jack
Dude! That's fast enough [:)]

Nice post!

·
I find that smuggling is the life for me, and woul
53 Posts
Man I love the Rock Inn. My dad used to take me there as a kid when we lived in Palmdale on the Goldwing. I cant wait to go on my own bike now this year!

·
WTF???
15,967 Posts
WTF, I thought you got another bike. Then I noticed what year this was from. :whistling:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts