XR1200 Owners Group banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Let's Ride
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone currently have Gilles Tooling Hand Levers installed? Been thinking about a set and was wanting Pros & Cons.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Anyone currently have Gilles Tooling Hand Levers installed? Been thinking about a set and was wanting Pros & Cons.
I do not have Giles but have Oberon Adjustable levers and very happy with them. Looks like they may be slightly cheaper then Giles and have more color options than Giles. Here is a link:

·
Reading the Pictures
'12 "x" always in-the-works..
215 Posts

·
Let's Ride
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just an update on these levers... Gilles does not make them anymore and none on shelf, bummer. I checked with Bellissimoto and Twin Motorcycles, both companies told me the same thing. It seams Oberon's are the only aftermarket ones made for our bike.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Just an update on these levers... Gilles does not make them anymore and none on shelf, bummer. I checked with Bellissimoto and Twin Motorcycles, both companies told me the same thing. It seams Oberon's are the only aftermarket ones made for our bike.
For what it is worth I have had the Oberons on the XR for 4+ years no problem. There is a company in California that sells them, if you want I can look around and find their name.

·
Sonya's a pretty kitty!
1,880 Posts
Big upvote from me for Oberons, particularly as we have a town in the Snowy Mts. here by that name. But mine have been great, very nice to use. Just be aware of the risk of damaging the little plastic switch inside the R switchblock, which actuates the rear brake light, when you have the lever out. It's easily done.

J.

·
Let's Ride
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Big upvote from me for Oberons, particularly as we have a town in the Snowy Mts. here by that name. But mine have been great, very nice to use. Just be aware of the risk of damaging the little plastic switch inside the R switchblock, which actuates the rear brake light, when you have the lever out. It's easily done.

J.
Thanks for the heads up Shackman.

·
Let's Ride
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
For what it is worth I have had the Oberons on the XR for 4+ years no problem. There is a company in California that sells them, if you want I can look around and find their name.
roadrash, if it's not a problem, I'd like to know that company in Cali. The only one I know is Bellissimoto in Vegas. I originally was going to get the Oberons until I seen the Gilles. Both look like very good levers.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I will look for it Chipmaker. One thing about the levers is they do not play well with the Mueller power ramp.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Chipmaker, The name of the place is

Coast Fabrication
16761 Burke Lane
Huntington Beach CA 92647

Phone (714) 842-2603

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
No a bad price at $218.00 ($154.00 EU) for a set of Oberon Levers shipped to CA.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts