XR1200 Owners Group banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I bought my XR a couple of weeks ago and am loving it. My other bikes are jealous right now as they haven't been started since I brought this one home. I have added the HD windshield, luggage rack, a pivot bolt cover and a couple other small items.

Interestingly on the windshield, it looks funky the way it sits out ahead of the headlight and at night, its position causes the edges of the windshiled to glow from the light of the headlight.

Anyway, glad to be here!

·
I piss excellence!
131 Posts
Welcome!

Welcome ABC! Another Georgia guy, that's trouble.....what part of the state are you in? You don't know FatBilly do you? or Beau?

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
Nope, don't know them, yet. The only one I have met is magoo. Met him in Birmingham at the AMA Superbike Races at Barber. He is one of the reasons I got the XR. He had his there and we talked about it. I was on my geezer glide at the time.

A little background on me. I grew up in Illinois, moved to Colorado for about 10 years, then Wyoming for about 12, Alabama for 2 and now Georgia for 2.

Son in college, daughter graduated high school a couple weeks ago. I am married, the wife rides an 08 Sportster (105th Anniv). Both kids ride :scooter:Ninja 650s.

We are just north of Atlanta/Alpharetta.

·
Warning! Fat people are harder to kidnap.
1,373 Posts
I'm a Roswell resident. Need to hook up for the July 4th ride or take 372 to Ball Ground. :D Later,

·
Premium Member
14,912 Posts
Welcome!

Bruce, glad you made it!:clap:

Wife on a Sportster? Two kids on 650 Ninja's? Dog! That's my kinda family!

The family that rides together.....:whistling:

You'll enjoy it here, have fun! See you next time at Barber....(if not sooner..)

·
Will work for tacos
446 Posts
Hey there welcome to the forums. Im from LaFayette area in Ga. So yea hope to see you for our little meetup. Oh and you didnt say which color you got. :whistling:

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
Is there anything else but orange?

Is there any other XR color other than orange?

I mean, one that looks good.

If one of the reasons to own the bike is for the history it represents, then orange is the only color to consider. But to each their own.

I have attached a few pics.

The luggage rack was about an hour to install. It was pretty easy, no issues or special tools required.

Windsield in 10 - 15 minutes from box to bike. Hardest part is installing the clamp around the lines on the right fork.

I put a cap on the pivot bolt on the triple tree. Looks a LOT better now.

The thing I dislike the most was the flat spot on the oil cap. Luckily I picked up a HD Museum medallion last summer in Milwaukee and it fit perfect on the oil cap. It really made a difference on the appearance.

Attachments

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome to the XR fold. I just got mine a few weeks ago and love it! If you and Billy want some less busy roads to explore, ride up to my museum and we'll see some of N.E. Georgia. (We've got several Waffle Houses up here)

Keith
www.vintagememoriesinc.com

G

·
Discussion Starter #9
Sounds great! I am a fan of Waffle Houses and motorcycle museums. I don't have a museum, but I am starting a collection. I would love to see your museum. Let's plan something.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts