XR1200 Owners Group banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Crikey mate!
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not big on introductions, but if I don't do it now...

I live in SoCal, LB area. Originally migrated to the US from Australia about 10 years ago - all my family (except for my American wife :D) is in Australia - I visit when I can and so do they.

I love my garage :D. Have my own tyre changer (Coates 220 with NoMar retrofit). I like to do my own wrenching when I can, and I love riding; been riding for a long time, all kinds of bikes, but mainly old AirHeads - I'm a big fan, even though I don't currently own one.

I'm also lucky enough to have a wife that rides well (Buell XB9SX) who, when she doesn't feel like riding, encourages me to go out with da boyz :cool:

Happy to have found a board that's focused specifically on the XR. Hoping to make some useful contributions as well as find answers to the specific questions that I have about the bike.

Cheers,
-Jack

·
Keeping Them Flying
183 Posts
Welcome. Didn't have any trouble finding it did you?

·
Keeping Them Flying
183 Posts
You'll recognize most everyone here. Even got a few down under mates.

·
Premium Member
14,910 Posts
Welcome....

Rhino! Glad you're here! Your experience and knowledge will be a great addition here!

And LoftyBob and Marx can keep you updated on whazzup back home!

Looking forward to your posts.....

·
Premium Member
14,910 Posts
aiiii...

The dingo's took my baby!

·
A few roos short in the front paddock
88 Posts
Welcome from down south

Welcome you will enjoy this forum. There are a lot of good natured, knowledgeable folks, here.:)

·
Crikey mate!
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome you will enjoy this forum. There are a lot of good natured, knowledgeable folks, here.:)
Hey Marx,

Hope you, your friends and family are a safe distance from the fires - can really be some scary stuff :eek:. The wife and I will be attending a fundraiser benefit this weekend put on by Australians in LA, hoping we can help out in some small way.

Cheers mate

-Jack

·
A few roos short in the front paddock
88 Posts
The fires moved in on 2 sides from our property. Two of our neighbour's property's caught on fire. We all fought to keep our houses. Grass fires & hay stacks in flames. With preperation, the lay of the land & a lot of luck we and others managed. Others didn't have the luck on their side. It is now 4 days later. Still smouldering, trees falling & roads closed. The XR looked really good in the kitchen. ( maybe I should look at insurance :eek: )
Regards,
Mark S.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.