XR1200 Owners Group banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,910 Posts
sweet!

Lorenzo was unbeatable...Rossi had one of those days when nothing seems to go right....wrong tires, a lowside that took him to the back of the pack, ride through penalty for exceeding the speed limit in the pits...this race turned out to be all about wet/dry tire strategy! Good race though...

·
Warning! Fat people are harder to kidnap.
1,373 Posts
Looked like musical motorcycles to me. I guess Hayden can't dance either. Thought the Kentucky boy might do well if it was wet, guess not. :pinch: Later,

·
Premium Member
14,910 Posts
Ha!

I agree....I think they should make 'em change the tires like the auto guys do :clap:. Swapping bikes just don't seem right......

Or, do like the geniuses at the AMA...once the race is declared a "rain" race you have to finish on whatever tires you start on.........:scooter:

·
Carbon Fibre Hooligans
569 Posts
I agree....I think they should make 'em change the tires like the auto guys do :clap:. Swapping bikes just don't seem right......

Or, do like the geniuses at the AMA...once the race is declared a "rain" race you have to finish on whatever tires you start on.........:scooter:
I always thought that the AMA stopped racing and went home at the first sign of rain? ;)

Great race at the French GP and a brilliant result for Kawahayatasaki or whatever they are calling the team this week. At this rate Melandri will embarrass them to come back into the series full time again :)

I can see some other teams (Suzuki, Tech 3, LCR, Gresini) fighting for Marco's services next year.

Unusual lapse in concentration and race tactics by the Doctor, but made for a very interesting race in the end.

125 race was another shambles, with half the field falling off in the poor conditions again, but at least Bradley Smith got some good points again.

WSB at Kyalami was good though wasn't it:clap:

·
Premium Member
14,910 Posts
Yes!

I was able to watch Race 1 at Kyalami...the Ducati's were invincible....I was pulling for Spies of course...to no avail...:censored:

Well, now they are heading to the US for the next round..Miller Motorsports in Utah...It might as well be in Antartica for me ..... Utah is THOUSANDS of miles from Alabama..........:mad:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts