XR1200 Owners Group banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
A Tuscan in Chicago
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am selling:
Both items are new, in original packaging, with original price tags. They have never been used, nor opened. I bought them last year in a compulsive shopping spree, but I never ended up using them - I am now using a different cooking system which packs smaller.
They both retails for 99.99$ in store. I am asking 85$+shipping (or local pick up in the Chicago area). The difference between the two is that the Flash system also has a tripod that acts as a stabilizer; the other one does not.

If you are unfamiliar with the Jetboil cooking stove system, you can find more information here: http://shop.jetboil.com/index.php/flash.html. In a nutshell, it is an integrated cooking system that combines a burner with piezo ignition, a cooking vessel and a measuring cup/drinking cup.

·
Super Moderator
12,524 Posts
Curious, what is the new system you are using?

·
A Tuscan in Chicago
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is a Stainley inox boiler with a separate plastic cup, and a Primus small stove. And a separate msr piezo ignitor

·
Just Here
209 Posts
In Viet Nam we used a low C-Ration can with holes on the side and top cut out. Insert a heat tab and make coffee. It was for free except it could have cost you your life. A stove was usually carried in the back pack or cargo pocket and used repeatedly until the metal began to fail. A small chunk of C-4 explosive could also be substituted for the Trioxin tablet for faster heating. It would burn hotter and was much better for heating water.

·
A Tuscan in Chicago
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In Viet Nam we used a low C-Ration can with holes on the side and top cut out. Insert a heat tab and make coffee. It was for free except it could have cost you your life. A stove was usually carried in the back pack or cargo pocket and used repeatedly until the metal began to fail. A small chunk of C-4 explosive could also be substituted for the Trioxin tablet for faster heating. It would burn hotter and was much better for heating water.

Pretty sure these jetboils are safer!

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
I've got a 'stove' my uncle used in WW II . Uses gasoline. Still works. It's about the size of a big tomatoe juice can. About 4 inches of the top slips off . Put that an the bottom, top kind of folds out, u have a heating stove.

·
Necessity is the Mother of INVENTION,,,,Fear is re
6,669 Posts
I've got a 'stove' my uncle used in WW II . Uses gasoline. Still works. It's about the size of a big tomatoe juice can. About 4 inches of the top slips off . Put that an the bottom, top kind of folds out, u have a heating stove.
Jimmy I got two of those things one is OD green and the other is a dull chrome maybe SS not sure, those things work great. Made by Colman back in WWII. They will run on just about any fuel. Comes in a lil aluminum tube. Ive use it for camping for years

·
Registered
447 Posts
We use MRE heater bags now , just add a splash of water and your good to go. Plus you can make MRE heater bombs in plastic bottles when bored , a 2 liter bottle gun taped with 3 bags inside will make a huge boom in the shacks .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts