Son of a Son of a Sailor
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
P.S. 79.8 HP on their dyno, with Xied's installed

·
It aint no good locking the doors, when the madnes
7,305 Posts
Is that a stock bike with just XIED's ?

Any chance of a copy of the dyno chart, my good man :)

·
Son of a Son of a Sailor
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no chart

We rolled the bike onto the dyno at the Triumph (Ducati, Enfield, KTM) dealership "just to see what she would do", The owner and I were outside talking while his son was out riding the XR. When he came back he said he and the svc mgr thru it on the dyno and it ran 79.8hp. no other details.

Yes, all stock, Xied's only. I was pleased. I don't plan on any other mods, unless an exhaust falls into my lap, or one comes out that truly excites me. I am liking the XR just as she is.

If I want to go fast, my 2000 Triumph Sprint has 130 HP, (95Kw),100 Nm torque (73.5 ft lbs) at 10,000 RPM, good for 165 mph (I have seem 135 on public roads, plenty for this old guy).

My crippled old back couldn't take more than 1/2 hr on my Wide Glide before my legs went numb, I can ride a full tank of fuel(130mi) without stopping on the XR, no leg problems.

·
7,305 Posts
Thanks Floridadude, was looking for a run with the XIED's thanks for that.
What we could do with is someone to do a totally stock run in the US (empty cat box) and some one to do a totally stock run in the UK with cat.

Did they not give you a Torque figure?

·
Son of a Son of a Sailor
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, sorry. I wasn't aware that they were going to run it.

·
7,305 Posts
No, sorry. I wasn't aware that they were going to run it.
Sorry, i just went into your post by mistake, thats why it shows an eddit....Didnt change anything :rolleyes:

Just thinking it might be worth a call, the info is usually stored in the computer on the dyno?

·
7,305 Posts
Should XIEDs show any peak gains?

They just work down below in the closed loop mode right?
The only way to know for sure is to dyno your bike without them and then again with them fitted. (they only take a few minutes to fit)

Floridacars
Dyno 1 Stock bike with XIED's.........................................................79.8 bhp (no torque figure)

·
Son of a Son of a Sailor
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
New dyno run

Scotty, if work goes well I will be able to go to the dyno on thursday and actually pay for a dyno run ($80) and run with and without Xieds. I will send charts at that time. What they did the other day was shoot onto dyno while bike was hot, run it up, look at hp and get it back off. They didn't set any parameters on computer, didn't save any data, just a quick for the hell of it run. What they will do Trurs is run once to build heat, second run for hp/torque/and fuel air ratio, third run with xieds for same info. That should be a "proper" run. what we did last week was a "fairground" style run.

Tell me what info you want to make this an apples to apples type comparison, dyno type, software, temp, humidity, etc.

·
7,305 Posts
Scotty, if work goes well I will be able to go to the dyno on thursday and actually pay for a dyno run ($80) and run with and without Xieds. I will send charts at that time. What they did the other day was shoot onto dyno while bike was hot, run it up, look at hp and get it back off. They didn't set any parameters on computer, didn't save any data, just a quick for the hell of it run. What they will do Trurs is run once to build heat, second run for hp/torque/and fuel air ratio, third run with xieds for same info. That should be a "proper" run. what we did last week was a "fairground" style run.

Tell me what info you want to make this an apples to apples type comparison, dyno type, software, temp, humidity, etc.

Just give me as much info as you can, i dont have the dyno type for Veccio's of Fat Billy's charts, and i aint really that interested in that side of it.
Its more of a record of what mods make what diference that i was after, thats why it would be good if anyone that does do dyno runs on their bike did it on the same dyno every time, that way we get clearer results for the mods that have been done.
Like i said before i dont really want this to be a "my bike's better than your bike" thing its just for mod information as far as I'm concerned.
I dont like pissing contests, usually to much ego involved, then it all turns to shit :D

Anyone out there want to dyno a stock European bike with no mods whatsoever????

·
Warning! Fat people are harder to kidnap.
1,373 Posts
The Dyno I used was a Dynojet. Settings were Smoothing:5 CF: STD. I got an Idea, let's not fight about whos bike is faster. Let's fight about whos dyno room is bigger. If there is a grandstand it gets double points. LOL :p Later,

1 - 11 of 11 Posts