XR1200 Owners Group banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
2011 white hot XR1200X
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear forum: 13 years ago I accidentally had to ride a white hot 2011 for the introductory party for Latus motors here in Oregon. And i have been jonesing ever since. 😢 i got to ride it to Portland international raceway, and ON PIR. I rode a black one a couple of weeks later, but couldn't afford a new one. an orange 2009 came available, but it didn't ride the same. So. For Christmas this year, my husband asked me if i wanted a new set of diamonds , and i said no, I'd rather have an XRX if we could find one. 5 bikes and 5 states later, one in Oklahoma didn't get snatched up before we could call. a beaut. white hot and only 2690 miles. Currently own a 99 XLC which i have ridden to Sturgis twice, and a 92 chain driven 883 that is in a zillion pieces in the shed. (shame on my old man.....) The XRX needs to have some original parts put back on it, which i have found. but i guess the Vance & Hines can stay. the only thing that would make it better is a luggage rack and bungee bars. Been looking for those since i started to look for the bike 3 months ago. 😖 I have a Puig windshield that I'll have to fabricate the connections for, but that is no problem. I'm glad i discovered this forum and look forward to posting an adventure or two. Current Adventure: bike is in Dallas waiting for transport to Gladstone Oregon.

· Premium Member
2,082 Posts
Welcome from California. Now we really need to be watch our language. 🤪 Enjoy your stay here and there are a lot of very informative Members here. Pictures of this white beauty? I bet you have a band for it already.

Reactions: geno

· Registered
2011 white hot XR1200X
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome from California. Now we really need to be watch out language. 🤪 Enjoy your stay here and there are a lot of very informative Members here. Pictures of this white beauty? I bet you have a band for it already.
I'll be able to post photos as soon as it gets here. there will be restore original riding position posts as well.

· Administrator
8,790 Posts
Welcome from clear across the country in Connecticut where it is currently 28*F.
Thank you for your service and anything you want or need to know about your XR1200, you can find here…all you have to do is ask.
Regards
Roy

· Registered
2011 white hot XR1200X
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
had to purchase new handlebars and top triple tree clamp. depending on what they did to the clutch cable and brake cable, may need new ones of those. its good that the 48 shares parts in common, and they are readily available. they put these dumb stick on led turn signals halfway down the fork tube, so i may need new female connectors. have new bullet turn signals coming from my local dealer. bought a repair manual thru ebay today

· Administrator
13,031 Posts
Welcome to The Forum from Idaho! Happy to see you found us. We're a good group with a ton of info regarding your new-to-you Harley-Davidson.

I did a bunch of work for PGE (Portland General Electric for those that need to know) in the not to distant past. Thanks for paying your bills! :)

Cheers!

· Registered
2011 white hot XR1200X
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome from Canada.
Lots of help here, just ask.
What do you need to restore the stock riding position ?
And welcome from Melbourne, Australia, also to our first active female member for some time. That Pearl White XRx sounds the business. We look fwd to your pics of it.

J.
thank you. I look forward to taking photos of it.😁

· Registered
2011 white hot XR1200X
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you. and I sure am waiting. evidently CRST has it in Brighton. supposed to be here today, but now they're saying the 1st. I'm beginning to feel jaked. :confused:

· Registered
2011 white hot XR1200X
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Welcome to The Forum from Idaho! Happy to see you found us. We're a good group with a ton of info regarding your new-to-you Harley-Davidson.

I did a bunch of work for PGE (Portland General Electric for those that need to know) in the not to distant past. Thanks for paying your bills! :)

Cheers!
you're welcome(y)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts