XR1200 Owners Group banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from the Land of Bratwurst, Sauerkraut and unlimited Autobahn-Speed!!

My Name is Werner and and i am a longtime XR 1200 Owner, for äähhmmm.. about 5 Hours now.

I am not a newbie to the World of HD, as i`m owning a 75 FXE wich i got new in 76.
You may have guessed by my Username, HD is not my only form of Transportation, wich is right, my other Rides are mostly italian Junk named MV, Laverda, Ducati and Morini.

Bought a sligthly used 2008 XR ( 5777 km ) at the local Dealer today at a very reasonable Price, had to do it....

First Ride will be in a few Days, have to fit a new rear Tire and finish Regsitration-Work. Will keep you informed about my Impressions soon.

Meanwhile i will keep reading this outstanding Forum, looks like a good Place to share Experiences, good and bad.

Werner, the Kraut

G

·
hee Werner, welcome on the forum and congrats on the new bike. You are going to love it. Germany huh, i guess we are neighbours.

Love the bratwurst, autobahn speed and offcourse the german lager:1eye:.
no sauerkraut for me though. :D

Greetz Stef

·
Scooter Trash
194 Posts
Welcome aboard Werner. Had the opportunity to visit Germany in 2005 and 2006 and would love to visit again. I also would like to own some of your Italian junk.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you all for the Flowers,
@ xrider, i may have broken a Worldrecord, my Bike is double - preowned, as it was the dealers demoride, then sold to a Customer who found out a Roadking suits him better.
Wanted a used one anyway to avoid a 1-year HOG-Membership, höhö...
And now something totally different:
Lets go for a Sunday-morning-ride with my BRUTALE 750, yeahh.....

Werner the Kraut

·
Son of a Son of a Sailor
195 Posts
Welcome, I too am a multi national owner, XR represents the US, BMW, MotoGuzzi, Ducati, Triumph, and a few from Japan.

·
Keeping Them Flying
183 Posts
Hey Werner,
Welcome. i think you'll enjoy the XR. I was stationed in Deutchland von 83,84, und 85 bei Bitburg AB. Good beer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.