XR1200 Owners Group banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The older I get, the faster I was!
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've finally found the spot to be to talk about the XR1200. After much searching before and after getting my XR, I was directed here. Well, the short version is I am a cross-over fan of the XR1200. Have ridden mostely BMW's for the past 20 years because I am mainly a sport touring type of rider. But, have always had a foundness for the Harley sound. Not the straight pipe "blat blat", but the nice mellow rumble. Plus, being from Springfield IL, home of "The Mile", I've been a dirt track fan since I was a kid. Used to sit in our upstairs apartment window and count the bikes as they rode past on their way to the fairgrounds. So, this bike fit the bill. I will be anxious to chat with all of you and learn as much about this bike as I can, and hopefully, some of us will meet up in the near future. I just got the 1K mile service done and am waiting for a good rain up in the Smokies to clear all the road salt away so I can take this baby up to the twisties and see how she performs. See ya later.

·
Son of a Son of a Sailor
195 Posts
Still another beemer rider

I recently got a 2001 K1200LT to ride in addition to the XR1200 and my 2000 Triumph Sprint RS, plus a bunch of other bikes

·
Premium Member
14,910 Posts
welcome!

Beemerjim, welcome...I see you've already found a couple compadre's!

Well, its true, there's no place like home.

·
The older I get, the faster I was!
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Another Beemer rider! I have an '07 K1200S along with my XR1200.

Do you still have your Beemer?
Oh yea. Got an 05 R1200ST, and an 01 F650GS. Been looking for an R1150GS in Pacific Blue and Cobalt White, but this Orange and Black thing I now have in my garage has put that search on hold.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.