XR1200 Owners Group banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
www.jp2code.net
20,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had to fill out the customs forms for Fed Ex when ordering wheels outside of the US?

I received this information yesterday about my wheels that I've been waiting on since March:
Joe,

Per our conversation, attached is the CBP Form 5106 that must be completed for
customs clearance. When completing boxes 2a (Tax I.D#) or 2b (Social Security
#), please only choose one, not both. If both numbers are listed this form will be
invalid. Please also complete boxes 3-6, 7-10, 12-15, 18 (with your title next to your
name), and boxes 19-21.

If you should have any questions, please feel free to call me at the number below.
Thank you for all your help.

Matthew S Knaup
Sr. ECO Import Agent
FedEx - Trade Networks
Phone: (417) 877-2433
Fax: (417) 841-1516
http://ftn.fedex.com
The two forms he asked me to fill out are:

I wrote to Adrenaline Moto (who I ordered the wheels through), and I got this:
adrenaline-moto said:
Hi Joe,
We have this argument with Fedex all the time and have never had to fill in one of these forms yet. I think they are designed for major motor vehicle parts and should not apply to private individuals fitting parts to their own motorcycles. It also depends on which Fedex employee deals with the shipment and how beaurocratic they are.

I'm afraid I have no idea how to fill in the form or what information we can provide to complete it, as we have never had to do it before (although I have had a few arguments with Fedex over it in the past!).

The questionson the form don't even relate to the parts in my view, os otrher than filling in your registration details at the top of the form I don't know what they want.

Regards

Matt
Adrenalin-Moto
-----Original Message-----
Sent: 30 June 2010 22:36
To: Matt
Subject: Fwd: FedEx awb 798807102320

Hello Adrenaline!

I just got off the phone with this Fed Ex employee here in the US located in Idaho.

He says he will be needing the Importer Number for the wheels and the DOT approval number.

He said it is standard, and something that is always required on wheels coming into the US, so it has most likely been done by you before.

Do you know what this information is and how to fill it out? (see attached forms and his email below).

Regards,
~Joe
Does anyone have any recommendations on how to proceed with these two customs forms?

·
WTF???
15,968 Posts
DOT approval number??? These wheels are for your dirt bike and nothing on a dirt bike has DOT approvals.

·
www.jp2code.net
20,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Status update for others who go this route and search this forum for answers:

I called the Fed Ex guy back this morning, and he walked me through how to fill it out. Basically, I just wrote my name and address everywhere on the form!

I don't see what the point of all that was, though ...especially for a dirt bike! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.