XR1200 Owners Group banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Warning! Fat people are harder to kidnap.
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just back from the Dyno! Here it is; XR 1200 stock only addition SE Pro Tuner. Dyno Jet Dyno Smoothing: 5 CF: 5
Temp 63 degrees, humidity 27%

Rear wheel horse power stock: 82.16 Torque: 65.87

Rear wheel horse power w/tuner: 85.22 Torque: 71.84

Rev limiter set at 7400 rpm= 3.06 HP 5.97 Torque

The SE race tuner increases horsepower and torque some with stock pipes. Once I get the QD's mounted the increase shoud be 5 or more horsepower after retuning for the pipe. The coolest thing about the SE tuner is you can adjust the mixture at every rpm level and every % on throttle position. Yes it takes a dyno and an exaust sniffer with two collectors and these collectors have tubes long enough to reach the head pipes. This way you may adjust rich or lean differantly for each cylinder. The stock USA pipes make this harder to do but it's the tuners dream to be able to see a lean spot at 3750-4150 and be able to richen it to remove a hesitation or dead spot. The best thing about this change is the overall driveability. Mid range is much cleaner and stronger and throttle responce is much better. I suppose that so people will say not much gain for the money but being able to retune your bike for best performance everytime you change something is priceless. All the modifying with out dyno testing and mixture knowledge is guessing. Remember the seat of the pants is the first thing to go if you bend over too fast. :D:):D Later,

·
It aint no good locking the doors, when the madnes
7,311 Posts
So Vecchio's base run with Remus pipes and Pipercross filter was 71hp (torque unknown)
Then Vecchio's runs with Remus pipes, Pipercross filter and Sert and gets 90hp (torque unknown),

Billy runs 82.16hp and 65.87ft/lb stock.
Billy runs with Pro-Tuner, stock pipes and filter and gets 85.22hp and 71.4ft/lb.

·
Warning! Fat people are harder to kidnap.
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Scotty, I hope this isn't a race. LOL I'll see your pipe and I'll raise you porting and a 5 angle valve job. Damn Vegas may be cheaper. Ok Rules: I Dynoed with 93 octain pump gas. Race gas raises the stakes and the results. If you are going to use leaded race fuel you have to list the # of oxygen sensors replaced to be fair. Fair hell this is motorcycling so no rules just list all your mods and fuel. Oh yeah with cat or no. Oh hell nevermind! Winner gets nothing so raise the limit on the AM EX! :D Later,

·
It aint no good locking the doors, when the madnes
7,311 Posts
lol, no Billy, no race, anyways you Mericans have got all the access to the best engine mods, we Brits (rulers of the world) have to send shit over there to have it worked on, no decent headwork places over here :(

I' m just gonna try and keep some easy reading dyno thread going for anyone that needs to refer to it.

But i am gonna try and squeeze as much out of this motor as my flimsy wallet will let me ;) Just waiting for someone to start working some head magic over there!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts