XR1200 Owners Group banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most of you know that I have a 2009 Vivid Black with leaking fork seals. I have a few things I need to sell off before I can ride this, but like a kid in a candy store, I am excited to ride it with the Gold Valves. It has a new H-D Lithium Battery, and is on an H-D lithium battery tender.

I don’t want to be too much of a Newbie here, but if I am posting too much or offending anyone, suck it up!!! LOL!! I like the fact that guys around here are close to my age are keeping this place going. It is hard not to post everything I want say or to, and don’t want to piss anyone off, so I hold back.

I ride because I like to, not because I have to, and am not afraid to ride long distances. Given a choice I would not chose to ride when it is raining, but can deal with the rain if it happens. All the gear all the time, no matter the weather.

Anyhow, I am happy to own an XR1200, and look forward to riding it daily, to events, and to meet other XR Owners.

·
used ta could
1,830 Posts
It must be torture waiting. I’m excited for you. There has been sort of a dip in participation lately as some regular contributors seem to have “outgrown”(?) their XRs. There is definitely some die hard fans though. Thank you for sharing your enthusiasm. Just don’t ask about oil........or grips haha

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It must be torture waiting. I’m excited for you. There has been sort of a dip in participation lately as some regular contributors seem to have “outgrown”(?) their XRs. There is definitely some die hard fans though. Thank you for sharing your enthusiasm. Just don’t ask about oil........or grips haha
I know better than to ask about oil, but grips? Now that's a new one. Guess that's right up there with, "How do I get better gas mileage?"

·
Let's Ride
183 Posts
I'm right there with you Corey, I've had mine a little over a year and can't wait to ride it every chance I get.
You really need to ride it (if possible) before you change anything, to see the before and after (just a thought).
It's been interesting to me to see the changes after I raised my rear end, change my forks (and shocks) and location, adding the over-sized front brakes, etc.
Of course, one thing at a time.

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm right there with you Corey, I've had mine a little over a year and can't wait to ride it every chance I get.
You really need to ride it (if possible) before you change anything, to see the before and after (just a thought).
It's been interesting to me to see the changes after I raised my rear end, change my forks (and shocks) and location, adding the over-sized front brakes, etc.
Of course, one thing at a time.
Exactly my plan. The only immediate change before riding, will be the Gold Valves and Springs, and only because the forks are leaking. I'll do it all in steps, riding it for at least a month at first to get use to this "tank", then change in moderation.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Good on ya Corey,
My motto is get out there and ride while we still can, enjoy every klm (mile). I have a few mates who have been riding bikes as long as I have and have now hung up their helmets for good in the last 6 months. I’m still enjoying it and look forward to rides, as a matter of fact I’m prepping the XR for a 3 day trip this weekend destination unknown at his stage and just camping out.

·
the older I get.the faster I was
1,222 Posts
I know better than to ask about oil, but grips? Now that's a new one. Guess that's right up there with, "How do I get better gas mileage?"
Shift early and ride slower, better mileage = no fun or follow a tubby old guy like me LOL
Exactly my plan. The only immediate change before riding, will be the Gold Valves and Springs, and only because the forks are leaking. I'll do it all in steps, riding it for at least a month at first to get use to this "tank", then change in moderation.
Remember, we consider the XR as a "STARTER KIT" LOL
Have fun

·
Registered
2009 XR1200, plus a bunch of Beemers.
9 Posts
I’m prepping the XR for a 3 day trip this weekend destination unknown at his stage and just camping out.
Hoges - you must get a LOT of attention when you're camping on an XR1200 in your neck of the woods!

"Good on ya, indeed!"

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was only kidding about the gas mileage I don’t care as it’s the fun factor then I look forward to

1 - 11 of 11 Posts