XR1200 Owners Group banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Premium Member
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
MadDogXR has organized this for the past years, and was wondering if he will be organizing it again this year? I will be happy to attend, and follow his lead, even if I have to ride to Bakersfield. Just trying to get this event started.

We can’t let the East Coast have more attend their ride than us. The weekend before Memorial Day is when this happens. Request your time off from work now. Start to prep your XR for this now.

· Administrator
13,031 Posts
............................... The weekend before Memorial Day is when this happens. Request your time off from work now. Start to prep your XR for this now.
Just an FYI,

All of the previous EPICs were held on the Sunday of Memorial Day weekend. This gave riders the opportunity to ride up on Saturday and return home Monday. Especially helpful if you had to do some distance. Also, no need for time off work.

Maybe you guys should try organize a ride up there. There are quite a few riders within distance, especially if you were to do something ................... I'm thinking Santa Cruz/Aptos/Monterey?

· Premium Member
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good suggestions. I’ve sent MadDogXR a message and will see if he replies.

· Premium Member
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alex @amarzano and I are happy to assist with organizing this event, barring all of the rain we have had so far. Once my forks return from getting the Ohlins Cartridges installed, I am ready for any prerides. A good inexpensive motel as a starting point and completion point, with a casual dinner where we can keep the tradition of showing the bird to the East Coast. Like I always say, I can be like a semi mudflap, willing to travel for this.

Reactions: bentiverstaurheim

· Sonya's a pretty kitty!
3,728 Posts
Don't mean to hijack this thread but just as a side note, does all this rain you've had on the West Coast mean the drought is over... at least temporarily? Have the water catchments, eg. Lake Mead risen? Even back in 2016 when I visited Hoover Dam the lake was way low and reports are it's only got worse since then...previously submerged old boats emerging (and sometimes skeletons of murdered people etc. etc).

J.

· Premium Member
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
@Shackman
No problem chiming in with thoughts. With all the rain we have had I can only assume the roads will be repaired in time. Doing a few pre-rides on whatever route we decide before the weekend is the goal, and check for road closures. From what I heard from The Talking Heads (News), a lot of the rain water went out to sea, because it came down so much so fast.

I'd really like @MadDogXR to chime in with thoughts to see if he wants to host this again. Wanted to go last year with his 122 mile route, but needed more notice to get the time off work.

So. Cal. Epic XII - That's 12 | Page 2 | XR1200 Owners Group

· Administrator
8,790 Posts
Usually MD checks in a week or so before the event to gauge any interest, I see he posts a bit on the Facebook page, but since I am not a member of any social media, I can’t contact him.
It would be nice to see a good turn out for this event, I believe California has the most members of any State, and it’s always fun to keep the rivalry between the 2 coasts alive.
Regards
Roy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts