XR1200 Owners Group banner

61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Damn !! After looking at the pictures, I feel I am so slow.:cry: LOL
A few times when I was trying to keep up with nosupes4U, I was really pushing it. But that was the exception and not the rule. Mostly we kept a good, brisk but safe pace. Regardless, everyone rides their own ride at their own pace and we always gather at the end of each section so no one gets left behind or lost. Also, it's a long day, and you frankly can not push-it though every section or you will wear yourself out, so everyone takes it easy now and again. So don't worry about pace if you were thinking of coming down next year.

My only caution is to make sure you have new or nearly new tires before you come. I had a set with a ton of meat on them when I started, but the rear was shagged by the end. The roads have good traction but can be abrasive.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Thank you everyone had a great time and it was a pleasure riding with you all . I’m confident that Jay had a great time also . Of all the different groups I ride with this one is the best , wish we could get together more often. Looking at the pics of myself I think needed to push horosho’s bike a lot more

·
Washed up flat tracker
14 Posts
Hey guys this is the old fart on the Road Glide at the gas station on 109 north of Waynesville
I finally found this with the help of Geno
Nice meeting you all and I would love to join you next year on my XR

·
Let's Ride
229 Posts
Hey guys this is the old fart on the Road Glide at the gas station on 109 north of Waynesville
I finally found this with the help of Geno
Nice meeting you all and I would love to join you next year on my XR
Glad you found us! We would love to have you on the next ride - It's a blast.

61 - 64 of 64 Posts