XR1200 Owners Group banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Metal cannot think, therefore it cannot be held re
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guess we all want to know which exhaust works the best, myself included. Since I own a dyno and an XR, I would be up for a bit of back to back testing. I'll make me, my dyno, bike and workshop available for a day. Doesn't have to be my bike, but it does have to be a stock one so we can get a baseline. I can't go out and buy a couple of grands worth of exhausts, which would then be secondhand if I tried to sell them on, particularly with the discolouration that occurs with the stainless ones. We'd need some help here. I'm thinking base run as stock, then slip fit mufflers, then complete systems such as Remus with and without the baffle, Supertrapp system, and V&H.
I can talk to my suppliers, but others may lend more weight to the idea.
I'm up for it. Any takers?
What do you think Scotty?

·
It aint no good locking the doors, when the madnes
7,305 Posts
I'm up for it Boz, the trouble is getting a couple of other bike there with different systems, you obviously couldn't use my bike for the base line as i have ferked about with the exhaust and intake.(Cat chopped out and replaced with two pipes and a pair of Supertrapp alloy race mufflers, and home made filter with the flapper removed)
I dont know of anyone else in the UK with an XR with exhaust change apart from Matt at Adrenalin, maybe Matt knows of some other folks over here in the UK that he has sold systems to that would be up for it!!

Sound good, lets hope we can get something sorted out....:cool:

·
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To make the test valid, all the testing needs to be done on the same bike, we don't want to be pulling exhausts off other bikes as well, too time consuming. I'll see what I can come up with anyway.

·
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Meanwhile.. Warrs at Mottingham (where I bought mine) have just put another Demo bike on with a Remus fitted. Sounds great. I'll be taking that for a spin when it's got some miles on it. I'll get back with a "seat of the pants" impression.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.