XR1200 Owners Group banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
used ta could
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well....I'm going in. We haven't talked about these wheels much. I'll let you know how it turns out. I ordered them from HHR performance.
I loved the feel of the lighter weight, smaller diameter(17") Marchesini front wheel that I smashed not too long ago. I couldn't help feeling that the rear brakes could really benefit from not having all that weight to drag to a stop. So I went for a pair of these. I'm sure it will take a few months to get them with the holidays and everything as there is none in stock. What can I say....I'm a rugged individualist.
No they wont be chain drive.
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Bicycle part Alloy wheel

·
Administrator
12,919 Posts
Those are baddass! That's all I got...............

Well, except that I'm sure you are bringing that XR "back-to-life" in a better condition than before your "incident".
Cheers!

Reactions: ytman

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
Nice set of wheels. That bike will come back better then before. However long, I am sure it will be worth the wait.

Reactions: ytman

·
the older I get.the faster I was
1,627 Posts
Well....I'm going in. We haven't talked about these wheels much. I'll let you know how it turns out. I ordered them from HHR performance.
I loved the feel of the lighter weight, smaller diameter(17") Marchesini front wheel that I smashed not too long ago. I couldn't help feeling that the rear brakes could really benefit from not having all that weight to drag to a stop. So I went for a pair of these. I'm sure it will take a few months to get them with the holidays and everything as there is none in stock. What can I say....I'm a rugged individualist.
No they wont be chain drive.
View attachment 249899
Merry Christmas to you 😍

·
used ta could
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Top decision, yt. You sure are building back better. Well done to you and especially the Missus who OK'd this deal!

J.
Thanks Shack. I'm sure she would be happier if I didn't get back on but she was a little upset when I had thoughts of getting rid of this one and getting a different XR. She did buy this one for me after all. Sort of like inviting your man to have another woman.:oops::unsure::devilish::)

·
used ta could
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
nice wheels ! I have one on my front wheel a 17" and love it. View attachment 249906
Cool. I was searching for Dymag threads but most of what I found was many years ago and certainly a lot cheaper that today’s offerings. I read that someone had fitment issues with the rotors. I’d love to see more close up pics of your wheels.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I'd love to see some close ups of the hub area If you have time.
If you mean the bare wheel I only have this one of the front

Notice that these early wheels made in 2009 don't have the holes in the ends of the spokes like the newer ones.

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Bicycle wheel Vehicle

I have quite a few of the rear wheel

This is the pulley side

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Locking hubs Motor vehicle

and this is the brake disc side

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Synthetic rubber

1 - 20 of 43 Posts