XR1200 Owners Group banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Whats Phillip Island
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any one seen or used the D & D performance BOB Cat System?
Chaeck it out at http://www.danddexhaust.com/news/200...davidson_4.htm

I think I'm going to have to go with this exhaust just by the looks
it's as close to the original configuation. And i have the saddle bags.
Just cant figure what color can, alluninum, black, or Carbon.

HMMMMM.
Let me know out there
Thanks XR Avo

·
certified tool
51 Posts
I just ordered mine today. I'm guessing they'll be in next week. I was trying to wait to see some more third party dyno results on the various exhausts available, but I couldn't take it anymore. I'm tired hearing the valve train, and my friends talking smack. And the Screaming Eagle Super Tuner should take take of all my lean symptoms as well.:)
Guess I'll be the guinea pig for the D&D's!
Hopefully I can post a review, pics, and dyno results next week. Maybe even a video!

·
Whats Phillip Island
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
did you see the zipper Thunder max auto tune
see i know i will need an exhaust but i'm new to this
fuel injection stuff

rode my V-max (with carbs, jets) and a UFO exhaust for 9 years

XR avo

·
certified tool
51 Posts
The Thunder Max isn't a bad system.
I prefer to use a H-D product(I may be bias). And the benefits of the Thunder Max do not justify the price difference for me.
Dyno service pricing in your area may justify the purchase for you.

·
Keeping Them Flying
183 Posts
That's the one I'll be getting. Already have the TMAX and just can't get what I want out of the REMUS.

·
It aint no good locking the doors, when the madnes
7,311 Posts
That's the one I'll be getting. Already have the TMAX and just can't get what I want out of the REMUS.
Doug, depending what you decide to do, i might be interested in the remus headers if you get a new system, I've got plans for messing with a 2-1 supertrapp system, so i am looking for a set of used remus headers to cut up.

·
Keeping Them Flying
183 Posts
Doug, depending what you decide to do, i might be interested in the remus headers if you get a new system, I've got plans for messing with a 2-1 supertrapp system, so i am looking for a set of used remus headers to cut up.

·
Keeping Them Flying
183 Posts
yes I think visualy this is the pipe for me
Darkside if you don't mind me asking how much did it hurt your wallet?
Doug
Yes
551-31ASportster XR 120092:1 Bobcat Black with Alum sleeve$819f/sConcentric Flow

551-31BSportster XR 120092:1 Bobcat Black with Black Satin sleeve$819f/sBaffle W/ Packing

551-31CSportster XR 120092:1 Bobcat Black with Carbon sleeve$819f/sNo Other Baffle

Tuner is Need We used a Thunder Max Auto Tuner #309-360 Results with other tuners may vary 12% Increase in both Horsepower and Torque

Thanks for contacting D&D

Have A Great Day Ride Safe
Leonard, Customer Service / Tech
817-834-0996
Sales: 817-834-8961
Fax: 817-831-4260
D&D Performance
2923 Edith Lane
Fort Worth, TX 76117
8:00 to 5:00 Texas Time Mon - Fri.
WWW.DANDDEXHAUST.COM
[email protected]m

·
Keeping Them Flying
183 Posts
Thanks Doug
did they give you any info on the different baffles or any db levels?
No. the one I heard sounded more robust than mine but not any louder. Then again I'm half deaf.

·
It aint no good locking the doors, when the madnes
7,311 Posts
Can you wait till September? All my vehicles have worn their tires at the same time:confused:.
No problem Doug, I aint in no rush, its decent weather here for a change so i dont want to be doing any work on the bike just now, let me know how much you want for them when it suits you..

·
Keeping Them Flying
183 Posts
No problem Doug, I aint in no rush, its decent weather here for a change so i dont want to be doing any work on the bike just now, let me know how much you want for them when it suits you..

My mom is in Oostende right now and they are having a heat wave there. It usually rains every other day.

·
Keeping Them Flying
183 Posts
Same here Doug,(our idea of a heatwave is 85 degrees for more than one day:D) but it gonna break tomorrow or so they say :rolleyes:
Hope you guys bought A/C units since the last one a few years back.

·
Keeping Them Flying
183 Posts
Not funny!

You Mericans dont know how lucky you are :censored:
I wasn't trying to be funny with that. Most of my family lives in BE. I remember Paris seemed to be hit particularly hard. Since mid June we've had about a dozen 100 +° days. Thats about 40° C; not fun working in a hanger.

·
Keeping Them Flying
183 Posts
Well Doug, our "heatwave" officially ended this morning, it aint stopped raining all day, it lasted 3 days :rolleyes:
Rain...You Brits don't know how lucky you are.:D

·
Registered
299 Posts
Its slightly disappoining that they managed to build a 2 into 1 that is only 'slightly lighter' than an already porky stock system. If nothing else you'd think that one can would have to be a lot less than 2. Guess not.

G

·
Its slightly disappoining that they managed to build a 2 into 1 that is only 'slightly lighter' than an already porky stock system. If nothing else you'd think that one can would have to be a lot less than 2. Guess not.

we should see some numbers before we judge. I cannot imagine that the carbon muffler is as heavy as the oem ones.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.