XR1200 Owners Group banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Carbon Fibre Hooligans
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sounds like another Rossi/Lorenzo benefit is in store this weekend, with the only other rider to hold a candle to them in practice the diminutive Dani Pedrosa. Everyone else is a second adrift or more.

Mika Kallio seems to have got to grips with the factory Ducati and is already faster than Hayden in both FP1 and 2(so far, with a minute remaining of FP2). Surely Nicky must be wondering if he is flogging a dead horse trying to get competitive on the Duc this year? With Casey out of action he must have thought he would be top dog atDucati this weekend at least. Rumour has it that even he has been talking to Tech 3 about a satellite Yamaha ride for 2010!

Toseland doesn't look any more impressive than he has all year, languishing in 11th yesterday and 12th today. I'm sure he can hear the team unpicking his sponsor logos from his leathers ready for the next guy already.

With the contract season well underway and places filling up quickly (Melandri signed for Gresini Honda this morning and Repsol confirmed Pedrosa/Dovizioso yesterday) the Tech 3 ride is becoming the focus of everyones attention. Will Ben Spies make the jump and demote Colin Edwards to WSB (it is thought unlikely that Tech 3 will run with 2 US riders) or will one of the many ex 250 riders (some waving large sponsorship cheques!) take Toselands ride leaving Edwards safe for another year?

Interesting stuff in the background, but I predict a more predictable result tomorrow with Lorenzo/Pedrosa/Rossi the top three barring sudden thunder storms or earthquake (but not necessarily in that order ;) )

·
Premium Member
14,912 Posts
You're probably right....but it is a race so anything can happen. Rossi tucked his front wheel today just after making the fastest lap so far...but he's ok.

Watching him chase Agostini's records is like watching Tiger Woods chase Nicholas's records...you know, barring injuries, he's ultimately going to own every record in the book but its still fun to watch.

I'd like to see Pedrosa run well and it'd be great to see Kallio do well with his three race deal while Stoner is out. Who knows what Hayden will do, I don't think he has the confidence to run up front this week....but maybe at Indy in a couple of weeks......

I'm officially tired of Lorenzo....to continue my golf analogy Lorenzo to Rossi is the same as Michelson to Woods....

I'm entering my "blackout" period : ) .....the race doesn't come on TV until 5 pm local time tomorrow so I try to stay off of motogp.com until then......

My podium projection, in a surprise result, Rossi, Pedrosa, Kallio.

Of course Streettracker's projection will have Hayden on the podium [:)]....(Just teasing Don).....

·
Premium Member
14,912 Posts
DOH!!!!!! I didn't want to know that yet!!! Ok, I won't look in this thread again until 6 pm!!

·
Premium Member
14,912 Posts
Aiiiiii.....I've got my fingers in my ears and my eye's squeezed shut! I can't see or hear anything!

I'm like Tommy, the pinball wizard....or Sgt. Schultz....same thing I guess [:)]

·
Warning! Fat people are harder to kidnap.
1,373 Posts
Ok Magoo, streettracker is a spoiler, go ahead and tell him about Santa Clause, Easter Bunny and the Tooth fairey. Then you'll be even. :rolleyes: Later,

·
Carbon Fibre Hooligans
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Another great race, especially for 3rd place, and another pretender falls to the relentless pressure of the GOAT. I can't believe Elias will get the sack at the end of this year, and if there is any justice (which of course there isn't) he should get Toselands ride at Tech 3.

Pity about Kallio & Melenadri, who were my two 'ride of the day' contenders until they took each other out :(

Hayden looked more competitive, although he and the rest of the field looked decidely second rate all round really ;)

Magoo, if you are reading this I am making it all up. Talmacsi wins by a lap over everyone else :)

·
Premium Member
14,912 Posts
Ha! Nice try Matt but I didn't look back in here till the race was over! It was a great race....especially for Elias! I think he was riding for pride.

Lorenzo has a problem...he's young and full of himself...he wants to prove he can beat Rossi...unfortunately he can't - yet. He will be Rossi's successor but not for a while. A mature rider would have taken the 2nd place finish, kept himself in the points race, and gone home with one of the trophy girls (the blonde on Rossi's left would have done nicely). Instead he rides over his head, loses the front end, takes himself out of championship contention, and goes home alone. Idiot.

Hayden did have a good ride, I think he's set himself up for a podium finish at Indy. That will make Streettracker very happy.

Kallio wanted to throw a punch at Melandri but to me it looked like Melandri had the line....if anyone had the right to throw a punch it was Marco.

I'm getting the fever to go to Indy....it's a 15 hour drive from here...I'd have to take Friday and Monday off....hmmmmm.....I feel a road trip coming on....

·
Carbon Fibre Hooligans
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Kallio wanted to throw a punch at Melandri but to me it looked like Melandri had the line....if anyone had the right to throw a punch it was Marco.
I think it was 50/50 really. Melandri had a half a wheel in front but was incredibly slow in the mid corner, so Kallio had nowhere to go but hit him :( Shame as I was enjoying their battle more than anyone elses and was hoping for good results from both of them.

Hayden had a solid but unspectacular ride (as did Colin Edwards) but is definitely improving on the Duc. Is it enough to keep his place next year? If he continues to beat Kallio for the next couple of races then probably yes, but if not? Kallio already has a Ducati contract for 2010 so could move to the factory team if Nicky isn't retained.

The 125 and 250 races both had excitement right to the flag and I can't wait to see Simoncelli/Bautista/Barbera in MotoGP next year :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.