XR1200 Owners Group banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
2011 XR1200X
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a custom dynamics pro beam premium adaptive LED headlamp. First ride impression was very good. Lights up the inside of turns very well and does not require significant lean angles to activate the adaptive feature. Will update and include pictures if I can post them.

· Premium Member
1,923 Posts
I gots to get me one of them-thar adaptive headlights someday. Low beam stays on when the high beam is switched on.

Automotive tire Circle Rim Auto part Font

· used ta could
2,428 Posts
The “adaptive” feature should be standard on all motorcycle headlights. I remember talking with a buddy many years ago about how bike headlights should stay level when the machine leans. This basically does the same thing. I’ve been running the JW Speaker version for a few years now. The low beam and high beam are just ok but those little side lights are the bee’s knees. I even contacted the manufacturer to see if the 7” light was any brighter after noticing there is one more “turning” light on each side and one more glass reflector(?) in the middle but the output numbers are actually slightly less on the bigger light. One thing that I have noticed in foggy conditions is the shape of the reflector(?) on low beam sends light straight up which bounces off the fog right in front or your face which makes it more difficult to see. I have a bezel with an eyebrow that I’m going to put back on and see if it helps.

Low Beam
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Rim Audio equipment Gadget

High Beam

Automotive tire Rim Automotive wheel system Font Auto part

7 incher

Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Alloy wheel Rim

Eyebrow Bezel

Plant Fuel tank Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

· Premium Member
1,923 Posts
I like the fact that the low beam stays on when you flip to the high beam.

· Sonya's a pretty kitty!
3,688 Posts
Roy et al,

Just sit tight. I guarantee there'll be a Chinese knockoff of these in a year or two which will do the adaptive stuff for way, way less $. I bought a Daymaker knockoff from a crowd called Eagle Lighting about 5 years ago for around $70 AUD shipped when a true HD Daymaker was something like $350 AUD at the local HD dealer. Has worked great since. I'm sure the same principle will apply. Beta testers and early adopters pay through the nose. $549 USD is close to $900 AUD. Utterly ridiculous. Just hang about, you'll see.

J.

· Let's Ride
679 Posts
The “adaptive” feature should be standard on all motorcycle headlights. I remember talking with a buddy many years ago about how bike headlights should stay level when the machine leans. This basically does the same thing. I’ve been running the JW Speaker version for a few years now. The low beam and high beam are just ok but those little side lights are the bee’s knees. I even contacted the manufacturer to see if the 7” light was any brighter after noticing there is one more “turning” light on each side and one more glass reflector(?) in the middle but the output numbers are actually slightly less on the bigger light. One thing that I have noticed in foggy conditions is the shape of the reflector(?) on low beam sends light straight up which bounces off the fog right in front or your face which makes it more difficult to see. I have a bezel with an eyebrow that I’m going to put back on and see if it helps.

Low Beam
View attachment 253778
High Beam

View attachment 253779

7 incher

View attachment 253780
Eyebrow Bezel

View attachment 253781

Ytman, lets see more pics of your shroud for the oil cooler. I believe I've seen it in the past, but would like more details.

· used ta could
2,428 Posts

Here‘s the story Chipmaker.

· used ta could
2,428 Posts
Do you have another pic of the headlight bezel from the front? It looks great from the side, I've never seen an XR1200 with one. Thanks!
There’s a couple of pics in here

1 - 12 of 12 Posts