XR1200 Owners Group banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Don't touch me there!
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went on the Mods and Rockers ride on Saturday. It was a good time. It looked like rain so I took the XR since the avons work so well in the wet and rain gear. Needless to say, it never did rain. It was a nice ride but after haven ridden with CobraT and the fellas I couldn't help wish it had been a bit more spirited! The overcast skies kept the numbers down, it seemed like there were less folks than last year. Some very cool bikes though.

At the coffee shop before the ride
Wheel Tire Sky Cloud Vehicle

A nice clean Buell
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank

An innocuous looking RD
Wheel Fuel tank Tire Automotive lighting Automotive tire

This dog wore goggles when we were rolling!
Tire Jeans Wheel Trousers Sidecar

There were a number of cool stripped down rides like this one
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

This one was notable as: 1) it had to be leaned against a tree as it had no stand of any kind; and 2) those are slicks. He was probably glad it didn't rain!
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

There was a great scooter contingent, nearly as many as the motorcycles, the ruckus folks were out
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank

Attachments

·
Don't touch me there!
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
^Yes, that's a bagpiper seeing us off (with another RD) and a cool newer Triumph. Also:

Some nice old Hondas
Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Automotive tire

And a cool Yamaha street tracker. I love that Kenny Roberts paint job, whatever it's on!
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Jeans Fuel tank

·
Premium Member
18,659 Posts
That Buell appears to be one of the limited SIW-L , the White Lightning. More power than a regular S1 and the single seat. One of the most fun bikes I have ever owned - wheelie king

·
Premium Member
18,659 Posts
Funny thing - I really don't see ANY Mods (Scooters with a million mirrors and stickers) or Rocker (Early style British Cafe bikes) type bikes. :oops:

·
Registered
7,614 Posts
Is that a Suzuki 380GT or 550GT behind that Honda CBX?
I used to ride a CB500 at the time and those Ram Air Suzuki's 380 and 550's kicked some ass.... and were beautiful machines imo...

·
Don't touch me there!
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Funny thing - I really don't see ANY Mods (Scooters with a million mirrors and stickers) or Rocker (Early style British Cafe bikes) type bikes.
True dat. There were a few old school scooters. I didn't get any pics of them. But, hey, any excuse to get together for a ride, right?
Here are a couple of pics of my YPVS then.

I LOVE it :clap:! Looks like the Kenny Roberts RZ 350 we have on this side of the pond. I'll have another one of these before all is said and done.
Is that a Suzuki 380GT or 550GT behind that Honda CBX?
I used to ride a CB500 at the time and those Ram Air Suzuki's 380 and 550's kicked some ass.... and were beautiful machines imo...
That one is a 550 and it looked showroom fresh, great bike, great sound!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.