XR1200 Owners Group banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
I e-mailed them recently and they seem happy to deal with "Roast Beef". The kit is going to be around the E1500 mark from what I gather.

·
Carbon Fibre Hooligans
569 Posts
We have just made an agreement with Jewel Racer to distribute their XR1200 kit and other products in the UK for them :)

We will have prices and details on our web site next week hopefully :)

·
Carbon Fibre Hooligans
569 Posts
Has anyone fitted the fairing from this kit? Does it work with the stock bars? Is it bolt-on?
The fairing kit includes brackets but you will need to drill the fairing for mounting. It will NOT fit with the stock bars, so you will need eitehr drag bars (part of the kit if requried) or clip on style bars.

·
Carbon Fibre Hooligans
569 Posts
Excellent news, please let me know when it's available:)
Everything will be available to order from next week (just a soon as I can update our web site!).

You will be able to order a complete body kit or just individual components of it.

G

·
I love the fairing-- but I really love the upright riding position. Does anyone know of a similar looking fairing that can be used with the stock bars?

·
Carbon Fibre Hooligans
569 Posts
I love the fairing-- but I really love the upright riding position. Does anyone know of a similar looking fairing that can be used with the stock bars?
You could adapt this fairing but it would sit very high up and look a bit strange, as you would have to raise the headlight as well. Alternatively you could mount it further forwards to avoid hitting the bars.

G

·
How close do you think the Night Rod bars would come? I'm guessing that having to fit the brackets yourself gives a lot of leeway & being f/glass means it's easily trimmed? Love the shape.

·
Carbon Fibre Hooligans
569 Posts
How close do you think the Night Rod bars would come? I'm guessing that having to fit the brackets yourself gives a lot of leeway & being f/glass means it's easily trimmed? Love the shape.
It is difficult to say as I don't have access to a set of Night Rod bars. You would definitely have to raise it some way from the standard mounting position but maybe not too much with slightly lower than stock bars. As you say, there is some latitude to allow slightly different fitting positions.

I used a similar fairing but made my own brackets to fit with my clip ons using alloy strip metal and steering damper clamps on the forks.

G

·
Can't get info on Jewel Racer Parts

I'm in the USA and have contacted Jewel Racer twice, once three weeks ago, and again over the weekend, and also Adrenalin Moto, and haven't hear from either. I bought an XR to build a modern CR as a mate to my '78, and am eager to get more information as to installation, and detailed pictures of the product, as well as if it is in stock, before I order. Anybody got the skinny on this?
Thanks for your help

·
The issue here is not whether we broke a few rules
1,422 Posts
PM adrenalin on here. I have before,and have heard back from them pretty quickly.
FWIW- they seem to be on this board during the late evening/early morning hours in the PST-zone.

·
Carbon Fibre Hooligans
569 Posts
I'm in the USA and have contacted Jewel Racer twice, once three weeks ago, and again over the weekend, and also Adrenalin Moto, and haven't hear from either. I bought an XR to build a modern CR as a mate to my '78, and am eager to get more information as to installation, and detailed pictures of the product, as well as if it is in stock, before I order. Anybody got the skinny on this?
Thanks for your help
Hi, I replied to your e-mail on Monday morning and sent larger pictures of the kit as requested. I can only assume that you may have an over zealous spam filter that has zapped the e-mail :(

Installation instructions for the fairing are being done by the manufacturer at the moment, but everything else (seat/tank cover)is a straight swap for stock parts. The fairing is supplied with all necessary brackets and headlight relocation kit, but the fibreglass fairing is not drilled so you can position where you want it on your bike.

Kits are not held in stock but ordered up when required. This takes around 2 weeks.

If you want to send me another e-mail I'l try responding again.

Regards

Matt

G

·
Headlight relocation

The fairing is supplied with all necessary brackets and headlight relocation kit, but the fibreglass fairing is not drilled so you can position where you want it on your bike.
Any chance of posting a pic of the headlight relocation kit & would I be able to buy it separately?
I'm trying to work out a way to mount a headlamp visor/ mini fairing (part #68129-98DH).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.