XR1200 Owners Group banner

281 - 300 of 335 Posts

·
Going Shooting 1964
90 Posts
Great thing about this forum is the ref material going back years as the model hasn't changed us new owners can go back and start again thus back to the buell shifter
buell parts Galaxy 001.jpg

Bracket galaxy 010.jpg
spacers Galaxy 003.jpg
Fitted Galaxy 006.jpg Galaxy 009.jpg Galaxy 017.jpg

·
Going Shooting 1964
90 Posts
Hi
Just used the original part, drilled&bushed larger rod attachment hole (5/16 to 3/16 in think) & drilled out threads & attached to spindle with thr' bolt & nylock nut.

·
WTF???
15,967 Posts
You can also get one of these for $25.

16205.jpg

·
Necessity is the Mother of INVENTION,,,,Fear is re
6,669 Posts
Yep that's what I have in fact I have my last bracket sitting on my desk. Some new member was gonna buy it but never got back to me. It's all shined up and ready to mount

·
Le Chef
11 Posts
You can also get one of these for $25.

View attachment 120114
Thats great Maddog, across the pond 24 bucks is a no brainer. Trouble is for me in Blighty - Precision Engineering want 90 bucks shipping from the US for that $24 pivot :(. If anyone can help with getting the part or parts from the US to me in the UK without having to trade in a kidney to do so, I would be mighty grateful :)

·
Going Shooting 1964
90 Posts
I got my assy from St Paul Harley Davidson/Buell /Based in United States,, 651lance has been an eBay member since Oct 12, 2004 new buell shifter pedal assy $119 that's £82 delivered didn't have to pay any tax If its the splined arm on the gear shaft then I used the original, there are pictures above. Think I had to drill out the threads & put bolt & nylock nut on as the arm is reversed and you cant get the bolt in cause off clearance but works fine just securing anyway. I just ordered some aluminium plate from Ebay and cut to suit for plate.

·
Mikeysduck
774 Posts
Cool thread. I ordered the shifter. It's going to be a while before I make a plate and install it.

I ordered some used shifter linkage from a V-Rod. It looked do-able from the eBay photo. The heim joins are the same size as the stock XR.
I thought this was great until I saw the size of the Buell parts!

From Blight "The little billet shifter arm is $22.95 American Sport Bike #16205-CL (it comes in anodized colors too.. I got 'clear')"

I don't find the part searching American Sport Bike's web site.
Where can you get one? What are they called?

·
WTF???
15,967 Posts
Cool thread. I ordered the shifter. It's going to be a while before I make a plate and install it.

I ordered some used shifter linkage from a V-Rod. It looked do-able from the eBay photo. The heim joins are the same size as the stock XR.
I thought this was great until I saw the size of the Buell parts!

From Blight "The little billet shifter arm is $22.95 American Sport Bike #16205-CL (it comes in anodized colors too.. I got 'clear')"

I don't find the part searching American Sport Bike's web site.
Where can you get one? What are they called?
American Sport Bike is going out of business. Call them and see if they have any left. If not, you could probably use the stocker with some different sized heims.

·
WTF???
15,967 Posts

·
Mikeysduck
774 Posts
NICE! Thanks

I could use the V-Rod part. It's steel. It would need to be cut, for length, drilled and tapped. It wouldn't be pretty. It would have a nice coating of flat black paint.

·
Iron Collector
1,726 Posts
American Sport Bike is going out of business. Call them and see if they have any left. If not, you could probably use the stocker with some different sized heims.
No freak'in way!:censored:. Better take a loan out and buy parts instead of waiting for the tax refund........:censored: Thanks for the heads-up, heading there now.

Edit: Thanks for the heads up.....I'm no longer solvent.......but have lots of parts on the way! :nana:

·
Can't Drive 55
365 Posts
...Shift Pedal Assy, XB Series $31.00
...Shifter Linkage Assy, XB Series $40.00
...Bushing, Shift/Brake Lever, XB Series $7.00
...Bolt, Flange Head, Shift/Brake pivot, XB Series $5.00
...Buell Shifter bracket (Made myslef) $ priceless
Total $110 ( included additional hardware and spacers)

Having a difficult time finding the buell shift lever (Shift pivot) with 10-24 screw thread to fit XB series shift linkage Assy 10-24 hemis.

I found the following:
From PEENG decorative billet piece in multiple colors.
Subtotal ( 1 item(s) ): $39.95
Shipping and Handling cost: $12.26
Total: $52.21

Found Buell PN T0225.02A8 Use on Lightning, Ulysises and Firebolt, Not as clean looking as PEENG decorative billet piece, but can get through HD or other as Buell OEM.

From Surdyke
Sub Total: $23.43
Shipping: $10.00
Tax: $.00
Total: $33.43

From New Castle
Subtotal: $22.70
Ground Shipping: $10.31
Order total: $33.01

·
WTF???
15,967 Posts
WTF
from Preeng.com
Order summary
Subtotal ( 1 item(s) ): $39.95
Shipping and Handling cost: $12.26 ( UPS ground 5-7 days)
Total: $52.21
Those bastages.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I looked up thisl link, it is not working. I think I can do something with this set up. please let me know how to find it. thanks....Dixie

·
Registered
96 Posts
Re: Buell Shifter... Done!

man, this is nice. would you consider making a kit and selling it ? like to me? i would definitely be interested... as would a bunch of us I am sure. Dixie

281 - 300 of 335 Posts