XR1200 Owners Group banner

1 - 20 of 335 Posts

·
This space for rent
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I swear that I saw somebody's pic with a Buell shifter mounted to the XR's derby cover, but can't find it anymore. I can find the shifter linkage easy enough, but have no idea about the pivot mount (bolts to derby cover threads).

Anyone else see that thread with teh pic, or am I just going loopy?

·
Necessity is the Mother of INVENTION,,,,Fear is re
6,669 Posts
Yea I seem to have seen that set up some time ago didnt know it was from a Buell though. Your not Krazy

·
Necessity is the Mother of INVENTION,,,,Fear is re
6,669 Posts
Yep there it is on Stortz $275 shifter only ouch. Why are these guys so expensive. I priced a set of Galfer wave rotors $320 at stortz and $201 at cycle brakes for the same dam one. We're not stupid Mr. Stortz

·
This space for rent
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It wasn't teh Storz, that's too refined compared to what I saw. The guy posting teh pic even mentioned they were Buell parts.

·
Onward Thru The Fog
308 Posts

Joe, that looks like an 1125 in your picture. Up until I believe 2001 Buells used a similar "over the derby" shift linkage as our XRs. The Banke shown in this pic was a great replacement for the wonky linkage of the earlier Buells. It's very similar to the Storz shifter. The new Buell shifter for 2001 was an improvement in function, but was lacking in the looks department compared to Banke or Storz.

Pic of the 2001 Buell upgrade shifter

·
scharf2u
117 Posts
When I ordered my Storz shifter, it took a little while before I received it. He makes them to order, doesn't have a bunch in stock. Nice finish on it, and really tightens up the shifting.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Buell XB Shifter?

I found this pic on the BuellXB Forum.... could this be the Buell shift linkage you saw? I like it very much! Not a huge fan of the bent steel wire on the XR. It flexes and makes the shifting vague and rubbery feeling. There's also a lot of slop in the lever and parts too. Check this out!:

Might take a little adapting to get it to work on the XR primary cover, but anything's possible, eh?

BLIGHT

·
Registered
546 Posts
Here's another pic of the Firebolt XB12 shift:

I found an e-tailer that has 'em for under $30... I think I'll order one up to play with.

Cheers,
BLIGHT

·
This space for rent
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
BLight, what retailer? It's what I saw, minus the derby cover adapter, but I can make that myself.

·
Registered
546 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,659 Posts
Curious as to what you are going to bolt that to as that primary is completely different and ours don't have a boss like that one does.

1 - 20 of 335 Posts