XR1200 Owners Group banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Stupid question... Other than looking bad ass, is there an advantage to this set-up? I want one but I dont know why :p

3rdGear

·
Endeavor to Persevere!
5,336 Posts
I like it....feels more direct and positive.

·
WTF???
15,959 Posts
Stupid question... Other than looking bad ass, is there an advantage to this set-up? I want one but I dont know why :p 3rdGear
The shifting is night and day better.

·
Premium Member
4,478 Posts
Yeah, I gotta say any of these type of shifters are a great improvement over the stock Rube Goldberg signature series shifter. As the 'Dog says, shorter throw, more positive engagement, zero slop...........even if they didn't look bad azz these would be the way to go.........

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
One more improvement is that the removal of the rod between the peg and the actuator leaves more room for the inside of your left boot, no longer rubbing on it.

·
Along for the ride!
267 Posts
Get rid of the coat hanger, you wont be sorry.

·
Iron Collector
1,726 Posts
A little birdie told me MrH might be gearing up shifter production "very soon".

·
Kinder gentler machine gun world
4,489 Posts
Well worth it............:clap:

·
Registered
521 Posts
I ordered mine in May, and MrH sent me in the beggining of June... received last week after 45 days down here in South Brasil... Jesus... it took too long...

Thank God it arrived!!!! :nana::nana::nana:

I´m crazy to put it on the bike!!!!!!!!!

When done, I´ll post some pics...

Regards, Focchi.

·
Onward Thru The Fog
308 Posts
Focchi, could you tell if the package had been opened and inspected? All previous International shipments (UK, Canada, France, Aus.) had taken on average only 1-2 weeks, hard to explain just where (why) it was held up for so long.

Glad (and relieved) it finally arrived!!

·
Registered
521 Posts
Focchi, could you tell if the package had been opened and inspected? All previous International shipments (UK, Canada, France, Aus.) had taken on average only 1-2 weeks, hard to explain just where (why) it was held up for so long.

Glad (and relieved) it finally arrived!!
Hi Mitch, no, it was not opened.

Everything was perfectly packed with the bubble plastic.

I believe here in Brasil they are doing these delays on purpose, so people stop importing things and stay buying only nacional goods to keep protecting Brasilian industry. That´s the reason it took so long...

At this moment, I don´t have the blue locktite to install it, so been honest, I didn´t even opened the little packages in order not to get crazy, but as soon as I do (and install it), I´ll put the pictures.

Thanks for everything!!!!

Regards, Focchi.

·
Iron Collector
1,726 Posts
Same delays are becoming more common in Chile as well. As to the reason???????? Mail delivery in most of SA seems very, very slow.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Same delays are becoming more common in Chile as well. As to the reason???????? Mail delivery in most of SA seems very, very slow.
Well, I´ve been reading some news about the government trying to scare people who buy from outseas, including China and US as the more important origins... And the eletronics are the principal targets...

That´s the main reason, for sure!!!

Regards, Focchi.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Well, I´ve been reading some news about the government trying to scare people who buy from outseas, including China and US as the more important origins... And the eletronics are the principal targets...

That´s the main reason, for sure!!!

Regards, Focchi.
Still making these?

·
the older I get.the faster I was
1,168 Posts
Still making these?
I don't thick so.
If you are looking for a good shifter. The one from Sato Racing is good, lots of ways to adjust it to fit you.
Also Stortz used to make one for the XR, not sure if they still do.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts