XR1200 Owners Group banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I have been told to get in touch with someone called "Mitch" from Alex at Warr's in Kent, England. I have been told that Mitch makes the above. Can anyone put me in touch or in the right direction to get in touch with him.
Thanks.

·
Alexr1200x
1,072 Posts
Hi Martin,

The Alex is me and Scotty has given you Mr. H. Just pm him on this site.

Which side of the pond are you. If you are UK I can supply you with the Buell Parts needed, or you may be going with Mr H's latest kit which has everything.

You will enjoy the mod.:)

Alex

·
WTF???
15,959 Posts
And as MrH has a great kit (I have one), Blight did the original design, and might be willing to share his design of the bracket if you want to source your parts in a different part of the world.

·
Scaring the crap out of Sportbikes everywhere.
1,029 Posts
MrH said he's not making any more, I hope he does because they are sweet.

Blight posted the instructions and designs on the site if you want to build your own, just start a search, if Magoo hasn't deleted them.:eek:

·
Onward Thru The Fog
308 Posts
Martin, I've been making shifters for members on this site (similar to the pic of the one on my personal bike) the past several months and no longer have any the "Buell style" kits available. I can certainly make one up for you, just might take a week or two as I have commitments to several members that wish to purchase one of my "Gear Jammers" (BTW...JoeP, do you remember first hearing this term?)

PM sent..........

Attachments

·
Necessity is the Mother of INVENTION,,,,Fear is re
6,669 Posts
Heard of a shifter concept a couple days ago. The first automatic shift. Hooked up to a shift light relay and an electric ram. When bike gets to desired RPM slams it into the next gear. Takes the brain work out of it. Im sure it would work perfect on a drag strip

·
Live life like u mean it !
4,578 Posts
Martin, I've been making shifters for members on this site (similar to the pic of the one on my personal bike) the past several months and no longer have any the "Buell style" kits available. I can certainly make one up for you, just might take a week or two as I have commitments to several members that wish to purchase one of my "Gear Jammers" (BTW...JoeP, do you remember first hearing this term?)

PM sent..........
Hello MrH,
Looks great ! :)

I am interested in purchasing your 'Buell style' shifter, if that's possible (?)
Do you ship to the UK ?

How much is the cost of your shifter kit ? (Paypal ?)
Not sure about the cost of shipping. Maybe you have knowledge of that (?)

Thanks,
Yorkie

·
Onward Thru The Fog
308 Posts
Am I missing something. What the hell is a "gear Jammer"
Glad you asked....it's what I call the shifters I'm making that utilize the stock XR shift arm and HD (HeavyDuty) shift linkage. Some members, who will remain nameless (JoeP), have bent their Buell XB linkages at the 10-32 clevis threads while "jamming gears". Nothing wrong with that kind of behavior I guess, I just wanted to offer something that was more up to the task of spirited gear changes.

Personally, I wouldn't be afraid to use a Buell XB shifter on my bike again, I'm just currently enjoying this new style instead.

·
Necessity is the Mother of INVENTION,,,,Fear is re
6,669 Posts
Ahha I remember something to the effect, but didnt realize it was coined the name Gear Jammer. Excellent!

·
Onward Thru The Fog
308 Posts
Hello MrH,

I am interested in purchasing your 'Buell style' shifter, if that's possible (?)
Do you ship to the UK ?

Yes, I can still provide a complete Buell shifter kit if interested. In the past others have wanted to source their own Buell parts (XB shift lever, arm, linkage, bushing, and bolt) and purchase only the adapter kit from me, which I can still do if you prefer.

A complete Buell shifter is $199+shipping ($13.95 USPS Priority Mail International)
Adapter kit only if you source your own Buell parts is $68+shipping

Savvy board members that are reading this are saying, "Hey! The price went up on the complete kit!". Well, that's correct. Since I last made these the price of the Buell shifter linkage has gone up over $10 from ASB.

It would probably be 2 weeks before I could ship after receipt of payment as I would need to order the parts required to remake the complete Buell kits. Adapter kits are no problem as I have most of what I need to make one of those.

I had hoped to post a separate thread on this board stating I could still provide Buell kits for those interested, and that I never really stopped making shifters as I thought I might. I've kept busy making Gear Jammers for those that PM me that are interested.

Due to my getting a job (finally) three months ago I no longer have an abundance of free time for this (my job is 6 days a week) but certainly am willing to make these exclusively for members of this board.

Thanks
Mitch

·
Endeavor to Persevere!
5,336 Posts
Hello MrH,

Do you ship to the UK ?

Yes, I can still provide a complete Buell shifter kit if interested. In the past others have wanted to source their own Buell parts (XB shift lever, arm, linkage, bushing, and bolt) and purchase only the adapter kit from me, which I can still do if you prefer.

A complete Buell shifter is $199+shipping ($13.95 USPS Priority Mail International)
Adapter kit only if you source your own Buell parts is $68+shipping

Savvy board members that are reading this are saying, "Hey! The price went up on the complete kit!". Well, that's correct. Since I last made these the price of the Buell shifter linkage has gone up over $10 from ASB.

It would probably be 2 weeks before I could ship after receipt of payment as I would need to order the parts required to remake the complete Buell kits. Adapter kits are no problem as I have most of what I need to make one of those.

I had hoped to post a separate thread on this board stating I could still provide Buell kits for those interested, and that I never really stopped making shifters as I thought I might. I've kept busy making Gear Jammers for those that PM me that are interested.

Due to my getting a job (finally) three months ago I no longer have an abundance of free time for this (my job is 6 days a week) but certainly am willing to make these exclusively for members of this board.

Thanks
Mitch
They are going up in price cause we are buying them up!:clap:

Congrates on getting the job Mitch!

·
WTF???
15,959 Posts
Pictures???

Glad you asked....it's what I call the shifters I'm making that utilize the stock XR shift arm and HD (HeavyDuty) shift linkage. Some members, who will remain nameless (JoeP), have bent their Buell XB linkages at the 10-32 clevis threads while "jamming gears". Nothing wrong with that kind of behavior I guess, I just wanted to offer something that was more up to the task of spirited gear changes.

Personally, I wouldn't be afraid to use a Buell XB shifter on my bike again, I'm just currently enjoying this new style instead.

·
Endeavor to Persevere!
5,336 Posts
The current shifter on my bike....
Wow, that looks good. Is that the stock shifter? I like the look of it! Will every thing fit on the older stlye mount? Would I just need the HD clevis?

·
Onward Thru The Fog
308 Posts
Wow, that looks good. Is that the stock shifter? I like the look of it! Will every thing fit on the older stlye mount? Would I just need the HD clevis?
Harvie, that isn't the stock shift lever, but it is the stock XR shift arm. The mounting bracket for the lever is the same as the original Buell style shifter kit though. The grade 8 button head screws that attach the abbreviated linkage are also from your stock XR linkage. The upper female clevis from your stock XR can also be used (though I replaced mine to match the new lower male clevis) as well as your stock toe peg. The shifter toe peg pictured is from Precision Engineering.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts