XR1200 Owners Group banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
G

·
this has been covered before, a quick search should find it.

Scotty posted tank removal info in the "4.5 Gal Tank" thread.

the pillion seat comes off by lifting the rear of the pad until it pops up, and slides out. The front seat comes out by pressing the two tabs either side of the very front until the seat pops up, then you lift it forward.

The plastic seat body bolts can then be accessed and unbolted.

·
Son of a Son of a Sailor
195 Posts
Check the "How To" section for tank removal, etc. Also in owners manual. Remember the term GENTLY spread tank cover to remove

G

·
Can you get to the top of the battery after the plastic comes off? Would like to hook a battery tender pigtail to the battery without all the gyrations to remove it.
Mine came pre-wired for the tender. Sure you don't already have a connector stuffed in, in front of the battery?

G

·
Two. One big one and one little one that goes into the wiring harness.
Interesting! On many of the bikes there are three from the factory. One "big" one that goes to the starter, one smaller one that goes into the main fuse attached to the side of the battery box, and a third one that routes in the direction of the harness, but actually ends in an accessory/tender connector tied to the front corner of the box. I wonder how many variations in wiring are out there...

·
Registered
17 Posts
tender pigtail

Well, Rob, that just shows how well things are done here in Wisconsin, "where cows are cows and men are worried."

Maybe dealers in these parts just routinely install the pigtails, knowing that we all have to put our bikes up overwinter.

·
The older I get, the faster I was!
63 Posts
Mine came as standard with the extra plug, but it didn't fit my Optimiser :(
Anybody found a nice and easy place to mount an accessory plug? I've been looking at all the Powerlet options and haven't come up with one I like yet. And before anybody starts "flaming" me about accessory plugs - remember I come from another world. :)

·
Crikey mate!
230 Posts
Anybody found a nice and easy place to mount an accessory plug? I've been looking at all the Powerlet options and haven't come up with one I like yet. And before anybody starts "flaming" me about accessory plugs - remember I come from another world. :)
I ran an SAE 40" extension up to the handle bar, threw in an inline fuse and converted the GPS cable to an SAE plug - easy peasy :D

·
Reputation points: -4
1,205 Posts
Gonna move the flat screen from the beemer to the XR?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts