XR1200 Owners Group banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
HOW'S YER BUM FOR SPOTS?
3,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After nearly ten years of playing with this XR it is time for a change. It may not be the cheapest one around but it is well sorted. The price for the bike is around £8500 and can be configured with a choice of exhaust, seats, luggage and paint schemes. Price negotiable up or down slightly given your choice of spec.
2011 XR1200X with Warrs Race Replica paint or Tangerine Candy metal flake finish. PVM wheels, (17" front). Brembo Discs and Pads. Fibreglass Belly-pan, LED Headlamp, Black painted Fuel filler and Instrument Back cups, Evotech Oil Cooler protector, Evotech Frame Protector, RSG Axle Protectors, Oil Cap Temp Gauge, Corbin Gunfighter and Lady seat or Corbin solo seat. Fehling Superbike handlebar, Get A Grips, Custom Chrome mirror extenders in Plastidip Black, Rick B bolt cover, Scotty Mod, Sato Shifter or Storz rear sets, Free Spirits braided brake lines, RSG tail tidy, HD Sports Screen, Motobatt AGM battery, Muller Clutch Lite XS, 37949-98A clutch spring, Hammer 1250 conversion with Crush ported and valved heads with RS575 cams, Headquarters Black Ops lifters, Choice of Bub Hi Level Exhaust or Torquehammer II & HPA & Boz tuned(108 HP 95lbs tq with THII or 100HP 85lbs with Bubs), Breather tubes to ground, Bitubo WMT rear shocks, Led Turn Signals on FS brackets. Optional Hepco & Becker luggage,

imgur.com imgur.com imgur.com imgur.com

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I understand.Rembers me when i gave my 2 Buells away.
Lots of XR,s for Sale this year here in the Market.Prices all close to the origin Price.Its hard to find a Buyer when a Indian FTR 1200 costs nearly the same.My Experience is all Bikes are not Popular when older than 5 Yrs.Collectors become rare.
A brandnew KTM 1290/2021 costs around 16Grands so why buying a KTM from 2014 for 12K?.

·
HOW'S YER BUM FOR SPOTS?
3,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I said I was gonna keep my XR................ it left me today. Bike has sold and I am without an XR, I have no XR, I am XRless! I do however have a Thruxton 900 and a T100 790 to keep me amused.

·
Super Moderator
12,676 Posts
If I was a gambling man, I'd lay 10-1 odds that you'll have at least one more XR in your future.

Reactions: yfz460

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
If I had a lamp with a Genie inside (Barbara Eden) that would grant me 3 wishes, one of them would be that the links to the original post would be turned into images instead. :ROFLMAO::p

·
HOW'S YER BUM FOR SPOTS?
3,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If I was a gambling man, I'd lay 10-1 odds that you'll have at least one more XR in your future.
At least one Geno, I've already been looking around,

·
HOW'S YER BUM FOR SPOTS?
3,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)

·
Sonya's a pretty kitty!
2,058 Posts
And after all, if you've had 10 of them what's buying another one, right?
Looking forward to hearing when it happens. I'm sure each one leaves your hands in better shape than when you bought it, too!

J.

·
HOW'S YER BUM FOR SPOTS?
3,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
And after all, if you've had 10 of them what's buying another one, right?
Looking forward to hearing when it happens. I'm sure each one leaves your hands in better shape than when you bought it, too!

J.
John, there was only one that was the same as when I got it.... it was so festered I couldn't bring myself to bother fixing it and let it go without change. Of course the rest were mightily improved before they left me. Somebody should run book on how long it'll be before I buy the next one.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts