XR1200 Owners Group banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mean at the same time. I just sold my VRSCF and fancy another XR.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

Gone but I really want another XR1200.
I like mine that much I think two is the answer. Plan to buy a stock bike and change parts to suit.
Anyone owned 2 or more at the same time??

·
Sonya's a pretty kitty!
3,439 Posts
There's been a few dual XR owners here over the years, plus one USA guy who popped up recently with three, and a host of other bikes as well. Sorry, his name escapes me but it was within the last 3 months. Obviously a discerning collector. You'd have to search through the posts, but it's here, I remember making a reply.

FWIW, there's a low miles black non X for sale just up the street from me in a local bike shop, Mick Hone Suzuki. A 2009. Excellent condition, Nitron shocks at the rear, highway pegs (yuck!) and the big plus, a set of V & H stainless steel pipes thrown in. The shop want $18K AUD. So I could be a dual XR owner myself today if the mood took me...hmmmmmm.......

J.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Yes Art probably had the most over the years but the question here is at the same time, but maybe he holds that record too?

I had 2 at the same time, one had a remus exhaust but was otherwise low mileage and totally stock and the other one a race bike so one extreme to the other.

It was very useful as a comparison to how they rode and felt and because no modifications were allowed to the engines they were obviously similar in that respect but the rest of the bike feels so different they could have been from different manufacturers. Both very capable and fun in their own ways!

·
Let's Ride
538 Posts
There's been a few dual XR owners here over the years, plus one USA guy who popped up recently with three, and a host of other bikes as well. Sorry, his name escapes me but it was within the last 3 months. Obviously a discerning collector. You'd have to search through the posts, but it's here, I remember making a reply.

FWIW, there's a low miles black non X for sale just up the street from me in a local bike shop, Mick Hone Suzuki. A 2009. Excellent condition, Nitron shocks at the rear, highway pegs (yuck!) and the big plus, a set of V & H stainless steel pipes thrown in. The shop want $18K AUD. So I could be a dual XR owner myself today if the mood took me...hmmmmmm.......

J.
I believe MadogXR has three. Red Rat has two, but I believe he just sold one of them.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I mean at the same time. I just sold my VRSCF and fancy another XR.

View attachment 251145
Gone but I really want another XR1200.
I like mine that much I think two is the answer. Plan to buy a stock bike and change parts to suit.
Anyone owned 2 or more at the same time??
Hi there and yes...my addiction knows no bounds. Four in my eclectic collection as of today.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive lighting Automotive tire

·
Registered
23 Posts
I own 2 of them right now- a 2010 and a 2012 XRx - the XRx is stock except for the Bassani exhaust and the 2010 is heavily modified- not a track bike but definitely a beast in comparison. Pics attached
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Plant
Wheel Tire Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive fuel system

·
Registered
22 Posts
I own 2 of them right now- a 2010 and a 2012 XRx - the XRx is stock except for the Bassani exhaust and the 2010 is heavily modified- not a track bike but definitely a beast in comparison. Pics attached View attachment 251271 View attachment 251272
That black one is a beauty. The black and red truly is a beast, just as you said. Digging those front rotors.(y)

·
Registered
23 Posts
That black one is a beauty. The black and red truly is a beast, just as you said. Digging those front rotors.(y)
Thanks! I'm really enjoying both of them. Maybe one day I can be like you with 4 of them. ;) How many bikes do you have in total? I have 6 (technically 8) including the XRs. (2 are in a different state so I don't really count them since I can't ride them)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks! I'm really enjoying both of them. Maybe one day I can be like you with 4 of them. ;) How many bikes do you have in total? I have 6 (technically 8) including the XRs. (2 are in a different state so I don't really count them since I can't ride them)
On any given week, typically about 25 or so. I'm an old bastard so have had a ton of time to stockpile things I like and enjoy. Just a working class stiff, as well. You have a lot of bikes, my friend.;)

·
Registered
23 Posts
On any given week, typically about 25 or so. I'm an old bastard so have had a ton of time to stockpile things I like and enjoy. Just a working class stiff, as well. You have a lot of bikes, my friend.;)
Holy shit! And people think i have a lot, lol! Same here as far as working class stiff- i apparently also collect things I like- as it should be...now I have a number to shoot for ;)

·
Registered
Orange 2009 XR1200 - Scotty mod, Ohlins, 52,000+ miles
32 Posts
I'm just an amateur here... I have 2 XR's, both 2009, one orange with 52k on it and the other black with 14k. Black one might be leaving me but the orange one is hanging around... it's got too many miles for a reason! BTW, I didn't put the mega miles on the orange one but of all the bikes I own, it and my 883 are the 2 that get ridden most often.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts