XR1200 Owners Group banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Lol...I saw that yesterday...then I immediately went to channel 620 on my directTV and, of course, I'm not subscribed :(. I wonder what that'll cost me.....the channel I'd really like is Speed2, I guess the XR races will be back on there this year....but directtV doesn't carry Speed2... Bastards!

(time out for a little rant....when is some TV provider going to offer the consumer a la carte programming? You know, charge me a buck a month per channel and let ME pick the channels I want!!! Instead they say they are giving me 100 channels but when you take out the God channels, the shopping channels, the children and food channels, the rerun channels, the black channels and the gay channels, there are like only three channels I watch....for $100 a month..... How stupid I am..... I think I'm gonna stick up a big high def antenna and watch free TV..... I'll go to a bar and watch motorcycle races....I'm gonna do this right after Supercross is finished, well, maybe I'll wait till after MotoGP :) )

Anyway, back on topic, I don't have a problem with Al Jezeera ... I enjoy watching their news from around the world show and feel like I'm hearing information our media will never show. Of course I take it with a grain of salt, just like any other media outlet. Everyone flies their own flag whether its BBC or AlJeezra or CNN or Fox ..... They are all selling their own brand of Kool Aid....I'd prefer to hear it all and make my own decision.

·
Endeavor to Persevere!
5,336 Posts
Al Jezeera, is that the Fox news channel for muslims? Don't they carry the Paradise Lost 10k run, bike, and boom? I really like the evening news lady, she has some sexy eyebrows......

Thank you, thank you, I'm here all week.
:)

·
XRx Owner
1,393 Posts
Al Jezeera, is that the Fox news channel for muslims? Don't they carry the Paradise Lost 10k run, bike, and boom? I really like the evening news lady, she has some sexy eyebrows......

Thank you, thank you, I'm here all week.
:)

lol.... that was good springer... heh 'sexy eyebrows' had me cracking up.

·
Don't touch me there!
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm with you admin, I was more getting to the obscurity of the channel than the politics of it. Yeah, motorcycle racing is a niche, but with hundreds of channels it seems like it could land on one I get! To me it seemed like WSBK was the best of the 'top level' series last year, by far, in terms of racing. I love motogp but there wasn't much nip and tuck last year, same for AMA superbikes, too much follow the leader. Sadly, with Dorna owning both motogp and WSBK now its pretty easy to see who is going to get the short end of that stick. And with Fox intent to turn speed into the nascar network, chances are good we'll see less mc racing there too. It makes me sad.
On the upside, if you get speed, you get speed2 :clap:. It's online only, sadly, but they've got some really good stuff including real road races, endurance stuff, supermoto, etc. Just go to speed2.com and login with your directv credentials and enjoy!
You were right when you said the XR series was the best out there and it seems to me that the XRs and flat track, at least, could be a huge hot with the nascar crowd fox is going for with speed, but nobody asked me......

·
Super Moderator
12,559 Posts
For the same reasons stated by the admin, we gave up the satellite dish a year ago. We still get about 10 channels over the air in HD. I don't miss it except for the racing, but like admin says, I can go to the local bar and watch if I want. I certainly don't miss the bill. Cable doesn't come up to my house.

·
WTF???
15,967 Posts
...On the upside, if you get speed, you get speed2 :clap:. It's online only, sadly, but they've got some really good stuff including real road races, endurance stuff, supermoto, etc. Just go to speed2.com and login with your directv credentials and enjoy!......
Not true according to Brighthouse Cable in Bakersfield. I have Speed, but no access to Speed2.com Your cable or satellite company has to offer it up in order to get it. At least that's how it was last time I checked.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Not true according to Brighthouse Cable in Bakersfield. I have Speed, but no access to Speed2.com Your cable or satellite company has to offer it up in order to get it. At least that's how it was last time I checked.
that's the way it is with me....I can't get Speed2 from Direct at all......around here the only place you can get Speed2 is if you are on DISH....and you can't get Speed2.com on line to watch the streaming video unless you are a TV subscriber to Speed2 channel....what a freakin' circle jerk.........

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I just want Speed channel 1 let alone 2.......
Don't get me wrong, lets all get along and do what ya gotta do in this great free melting pot of a country, BUT I really don't want to pay for Korean/Mandarin/Spanish/Chinese/Japanese/Indian chief television.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
that's the way it is with me....I can't get Speed2 from Direct at all......around here the only place you can get Speed2 is if you are on DISH....and you can't get Speed2.com on line to watch the streaming video unless you are a TV subscriber to Speed2 channel....what a freakin' circle jerk.........
If you cannot get online, please see our webpage for technical assistance.

·
WTF???
15,967 Posts
SPEED2 is a website that offers auto racing programming. SPEED2 is available to Bright House Networks Sports Pass subscribers.

So now I gotta pay even more?

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
SPEED2 is a website that offers auto racing programming. SPEED2 is available to Bright House Networks Sports Pass subscribers.

So now I gotta pay even more?
well who is gonna show Travis Pastrana's Nationwide race this weekend? :)

·
WTF???
15,967 Posts
Access to SPEED2 is based on your cable/satellite TV subscription, and is only available to customers of select providers at this time.

To find out if SPEED2 is part of your cable/satellite TV subscription, click "Get it Now!".

·
WTF???
15,967 Posts

·
Too Old To Die Young
2,699 Posts
You'll need to watch them at work as well because you wont have enough spare time to see them all.:)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts