XR1200 Owners Group banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
XRx Owner
1,393 Posts
Nice find!!!

First the Scotty Mod, now this? You qualify as the man Scotty!
:clap:

It's officially been downloaded.

There is also a link to Ronnies HDs website in the US which has microfiche style parts lists. URL is:

http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche...on-Street-Bike-SPORTSTER®-XLR-1200X-1200X-(LD)

Would appear that the PDF you posted was generated by someone pulling copies of the pages from that parts site listing and compiling them into a single PDF doc.

I don't speak or read French but doesn't look like there is anything else of great interest there aside from info about one awesome MC.

Now if only someone found the Electrical Diagnostics manual online for free for me to download, my manual collection for the XR would be complete.

·
XRx Owner
1,393 Posts
Awesome!! Thanks dlr!!! You now join Scotty as The Man!!!

I don't believe there are many that would affect electrical system diagnostics or trouble shooting and testing, but what are the differences besides the redesigned fuse box area between the '09 and newer '11 X models? Anything?

·
Necessity is the Mother of INVENTION,,,,Fear is re
6,669 Posts
Good find Scotty my manual is getting pretty whooped, pages covered with grease and oil and falling out

·
Super Moderator
18,659 Posts
Cool - I checked the differences between the 08/09 bikes and the 10/11
Some (Most) are obvious - like the Sprocket Cover, cam Cover, Primary Cover, Derby Cover, Tappet Blocks, Pushrod covers, Rocker Boxes, Exhaust system, Triple Trees, Levers, Swing Arm, Inspection cover, Tach & Speedo - all now block instead of Silver.
Also front and rear suspension being adjustable.
Wheels got the Orange Stripe
Front Rotors went to floaters
The ECM was updated to a new number 32534-11, but it does not appear to be any different other than how it is, (or isn't) programmed at the factory.
The Engine Temp senor has changed to 32472-10, but the 08 version was Not superseded - not sure of the difference
The Oil tank, that most of us know about went to a vented version, 62888-08A and that IS a supersession, the mounting bracket also changed to go with it to 66199-10 and it is larger
The engine wire harness has changed and it is a supersession, so it may have to do with wire lengths as one of the guards for the wiring around the starter area has changed.
The Main wire harness has also changed and that is probably do to the fuse box area change

The main fuse box has NOT changed, but the auxiliary 3 fuse box that was next to the main fuse box was deleted and there are 4 less fuses now.
The fuse box cover has changed to a smaller and more weather tight unit.

And that is it from what I could find.

·
Premium Member
14,911 Posts
Cool - I checked the differences between the 08/09 bikes and the 10/11
Some (Most) are obvious - like the Sprocket Cover, cam Cover, Primary Cover, Derby Cover, Tappet Blocks, Pushrod covers, Rocker Boxes, Exhaust system, Triple Trees, Levers, Swing Arm, Inspection cover, Tach & Speedo - all now block instead of Silver.
Also front and rear suspension being adjustable.
Wheels got the Orange Stripe
Front Rotors went to floaters
The ECM was updated to a new number 32534-11, but it does not appear to be any different other than how it is, (or isn't) programmed at the factory.
The Engine Temp senor has changed to 32472-10, but the 08 version was Not superseded - not sure of the difference
The Oil tank, that most of us know about went to a vented version, 62888-08A and that IS a supersession, the mounting bracket also changed to go with it to 66199-10 and it is larger
The engine wire harness has changed and it is a supersession, so it may have to do with wire lengths as one of the guards for the wiring around the starter area has changed.
The Main wire harness has also changed and that is probably do to the fuse box area change

The main fuse box has NOT changed, but the auxiliary 3 fuse box that was next to the main fuse box was deleted and there are 4 less fuses now.
The fuse box cover has changed to a smaller and more weather tight unit.

And that is it from what I could find.
Thanks Don! I was aware of everything except the wiring harness...hmmmmmm.......since I already have the new oil tank the only think I covet from the 10's are the floating front rotors...........I gotta get me some of those....... :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts