XR1200 Owners Group banner

2009 XR1200 for sale 11.8k miles black California, USA

2K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  CT XR rider 
#1 · (Edited)
Sold.

#4 ·
Unfortunately it has not been easy. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this bike and I’ve had it listed off and on Craigslist for around 6 months. During that time I’ve had over 100 emails of people saying they’ll come see it and then never do. I’ve had over 30 people come look at it and all have flaked except a few who tried to tell me they know of a better deal (I don’t know why they’d come see mine if they know of a better deal, probably just trying to get me to sell cheap) so I tell them to go buy it…
I’ve sold plenty bikes in my riding time but I’ve never had a bike attract soooo many flakey people with low intelligence.
It’s a great bike in good condition but something about it…

#3 ·
I have seen this on craigslist. Welcome to this place.

#6 ·
I agree, and I feel for you as I have a vehicle listed since June. Many emails, and a few that just have an offer 1/2 of my asking. No hello, no questions, just a dollar amount. I reply with a counter offer that much higher than my asking price. Only one came to look at it.

Hold out for as long as you can.

#8 ·
Ride it to Sears Point with a few of us for the Bagger Races, and put a “For Sale” sign on it.

#12 ·
Yikes!!! Glad he is OK, somewhat. He will be out for quite a while. You are still invited to ride with us if you have another option.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.