XR1200 Owners Group banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Putting the feelers out there to sell my XR1200. Not in a hurry to sell unless the price is right. No tire kickers or low ballers. If you want to ride it, bring cash and you can ride it home and keep it.

Here's the build:

Suspension
Ohlins RT Front End
Mach Modified War Pig Rear Shocks
- Fully Adjustable Rebound and Compression
- Piggy Back Reservoir
The Speed Merchant Triple Trees

Wheels & Rubber
Marchesini Forged Aluminum Wheels
- Massive Weight Savings Over Stock
Bridgestone Battlax Hypersport S20 Tires
- Maybe 200mi on them

Engine & Performance
Termignoni Exhaust
- Stainless Steel & Carbon Fiber
SE Race Tuner w/Tune

Breaking
Dual Tokico 4 Piston Calipers
Lyndall Rotors

Body
Full Carbon Fiber Race Body
- Seat Pan
- Belly
- Front Fender

Bars & Controls
Pro Taper Carmichael Tapered Bars
- 1 1/8" to 7/8"
Joker Machine Risers
Motion Pro Rev 2 Throttle
Pazzo Collapsible Levers
Tokico Master Cylinder
Autometer Pro-Cycle tach
Sato Rear Sets
The Speed Merchant Shifter Knobs
The Speed Merchant Pegs (not installed in photos)

Bike has about 2250mi on it. Yes, 2250mi. The owner before me was a collector. Paid the dealer to break the bike in then it sat in his showroom. I purchased from Bartel's shortly there after.

Entertaining offers starting at $11000obo

Email mike (at) ourcaste (dot) com or text 949 887 8410

090415-XR-1.jpg 090415-XR-2.jpg 090415-XR-12.jpg 090415-XR-11.jpg

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
12,559 Posts
Well that is one nice XR! Lots of expensive bits. Good luck with the sale?

·
Registered
405 Posts
Nice bike. I do have a question though. By disconnecting the odometer and removing that, doesn't that cause a problem when trying to sell it and listing the actual mileage on the title? I've wondered about that. Was it 2250 miles or 22,500 miles. Do you have all the stock parts?

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Great looking bike. Your rear sets are Giles, not Sato's but both are excellent anyway. I have the same question for my own bike as I changed out my original speedo for a black X version one but I have the original to prove the prior mileage and could hook it up for a reading if needed. Some dealers will put the previous mileage onto the new speedo.
Good luck with the sale.
Mort

·
Registered
405 Posts
Explain how that works. For example, my orginal speedo gets broken or quits working. I either buy a new one with zero miles on it or a used one. Your saying an HD dealer service tech and program the mileage either + or - into a speedo? Someone enlighten me on this one.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Explain how that works. For example, my orginal speedo gets broken or quits working. I either buy a new one with zero miles on it or a used one. Your saying an HD dealer service tech and program the mileage either + or - into a speedo? Someone enlighten me on this one.
The HD tech has the ability to set the odometer in the new speedo to match the mileage in the prior speedo and document the changeover. In my case, the original speedo is still functional so it could be hooked up to the wiring harness to display the previous mileage. I suppose that would not be possible with a non functional speedo. It is my understanding that the HD tech is obligated to put the correct odometer mileage into any newly sold replacement speedo. Mort

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it was 2250miles. no other way for me to validate that other than you trusting. i understand the hesitation however. i think i have the stock speedo actually with mileage. i do not have the stock parts for the bike..

Nice bike. I do have a question though. By disconnecting the odometer and removing that, doesn't that cause a problem when trying to sell it and listing the actual mileage on the title? I've wondered about that. Was it 2250 miles or 22,500 miles. Do you have all the stock parts?

·
Bout a Dollar 3.98
782 Posts
Bump this TTT for a real nice bike .

If we were closer , I'd be doing what I could to make it mine somehow.

·
WTF???
15,967 Posts
Bump this TTT for a real nice bike .

If we were closer , I'd be doing what I could to make it mine somehow.
You could buy it. I'll pick it up for you and store it at my place until you can come and get it.

·
Bout a Dollar 3.98
782 Posts
You could buy it. I'll pick it up for you and store it at my place until you can come and get it.

Do ya promise not to ride , thrash , disrespect , and not to sodomize the ever living shit out of her .
Logistics are not there , no way can I ride , and or drive down I-10 2500 miles 1 way . Thats pure misery .:nono:

·
Registered
170 Posts
So pretty. The bars and wheels are tits. Just begging for a custom paint job and I think a FreeSpirits headlight number plate would look nice on this.

·
WTF???
15,967 Posts
If anyone wants to buy this bike, I could deliver it to the XROG National/International meet in Colorado for you.

·
Sporty old guy
4 Posts
Well guys I wound up buying it from a fellow in Pacific Grove about 7 months ago. The only thing different was the Tach was removed (no gauges) and lights had been added. Corey recognized it and sent me the sale posting. I have added stock gauges and a stock seat. More bike than I can handle, but I ride it and anyway.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts