What Have You Done To Your XR Today? - Page 644
Page 644 of 644 FirstFirst ... 144544594634635636637638639640641642643644
Results 12,861 to 12,871 of 12871
    Bidness Manager

Quote Originally Posted by murray View Post
    Yep that's exactly the ones! I got them from someplace in US & ran them on my MT-01 for awhile. They looked too small there, and I think they look too small on the XR, too. Could never figure out why they have a gigantic, rubber-rimmed hole in the bottom of each. For one little wire. I'll post a shot from the front and some detail of the cool aluminium mounts, later today...
    My first bike was a Buell Blast and I ran a set on it.
    2009 XR1200
    XR1200X Black Crate Engine, FMF Full Titanium exhaust, K&N air filter, HD Race Tuner, Racetech Gold Valves and springs in the forks, 16" Progressive 970 piggyback shocks, HD Forty-Eight bar, R&G Racing tail tidy, removed passenger pegs and belt guards, smoked turn signal lenses, mini LED rear turn signals, professionally painted gloss white, gloss black powdercoat on swingarm, pulley and other pieces, bronze powdercoated wheels

2. Remove Advertisements
    XR1200Owners
    Advertisements

User Title Here

Default Re: What Have You Done To Your XR Today?

Quote Originally Posted by murray View Post
    Yep that's exactly the ones! I got them from someplace in US & ran them on my MT-01 for awhile. They looked too small there, and I think they look too small on the XR, too. Could never figure out why they have a gigantic, rubber-rimmed hole in the bottom of each. For one little wire. I'll post a shot from the front and some detail of the cool aluminium mounts, later today...
    Here's the front view.
    P1030151.JPG

...and here's the headlight mount- machined aluminium, anodised black.
    P1030152.JPG

There's a fine line between tough and dumb...

I finished mounting the Hepco and Becker C-Bow Orbit hard bags yesterday. (There's a more complete post at https://www.xr1200ownersgroup.com/si...64#post1222964)

IMG_0746.jpg
    Roger Smith
    2012 Harley XR1200X
    2020 Triumph Speed Twin
    2009 Kawasaki KLR650
    2005 Honda ST1300
    1973 Honda CL350

Sonya's a pretty kitty!

Thanks for the added pics, Muzz. The mounts are particularly nice, almost more desirable than the lights themselves. I could use them to mount the indicators, or some small LED spots, or...hmmmm.

J.

Habitual Linestepper

Lowe's sheet metal.jpgLayout.jpgFinal look.jpgHey there brothers and sisters. I recently bought a black 2010 XR1200 project bike with a popped gas tank problem. But i bought it anyway with a little over 4000 miles on it. I drove 14 miles and parked it in my garage and started to clean up on it. I removed the tank shell and found many plastic tank edges interfering with fit. After careful work and refitting, the shell would not fit properly. What to do? I didn't want to keep throwing time and money on the thing. Then an idea hit me. The shell would snap in at the bottom both sides but would not go over the gas tank fill and scoot up forward properly. It was off by about 1/4 inch or so. This is what i did. I fabricated an offset ring in place of the standard concentric aluminum ring from material acquired from Lowe's. I had quality snips and wondered if the material would buckle as i cut it. Thank you God, it didn't. It took about half a day total. Remember, bikers are a creative group. It will not accept all the original screws since some of the holes are covered by the ill fitting shell. However, the tank shell is snapped in at the bottom and ii sets down on top like it should, though it is not scooted forward all the way. You can't tell. I can now ride and not have the shell awkwardly sitting on the tank stressing the two rear tabs and bulging up and out. And it is not going to fly off at speed. it is a legitimate fix. Attached are some photos Thanks again. I enjoy all bikes not just HD's. Happy safe riding.
    Also own 1983 Honda Ascot VT500FT.
    Last edited by mikeyxr1; 09-22-2020 at 01:47 AM. Reason: No photos

www.jp2code.net

Raised by Wolves

Today puttin the Fairing on the XRX.Fits tricky but snug.Love this Look.

DSC_0004.jpg
    DSC_0008.jpg

Let's Ride

Not a bad look... Which one is that?

Raised by Wolves

Chinese Production,35,-$ from Flea Bay.Had to make some Cuttings to fit.Material is ABS,same as the Origin.No OEM No. inside .Easy to Paint by Can makes it a cheap Extra...)))))DSC_0010.jpg

User Title Here

IMG_20190527_131818.jpg Snow Camo NO PIPES
    I am sure I am a Real Biker riden thousands of ks, Own one Pair of Jeans and Smell Like a Old Billy Goat Hidden Content

Raised by Wolves

You dont need a Powervision,you need a Garage...........