What Have You Done To Your XR Today? - Page 642
Page 642 of 642 FirstFirst ... 142542592632633634635636637638639640641642
Results 12,821 to 12,834 of 12834
    Raised by Wolves

Default Re: What Have You Done To Your XR Today?

You know you gettin old when........................
    Fitting a near New oem Exaust System on your XRX.......
    Because i use my XRX mostly on Sundays i made my Decision yesterday.Too Loud.That V&H Inserts are great but you will wake up any little Villages passin through,

003.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements
    XR1200Owners
    Advertisements

Raised by Wolves

RR

Aren't you the responsible one ?!

Funny how age changes your perspective , of many different things .

G
    I wasn't born in Georgia , but I got here as fast as I could !

2010 XR in BLACK , with Supertrapp , V&H fuelpak , X shocks , Biltwell Tracker bar , Oberon bar-ends . Sargent seat .

Raised by Wolves

Im the ,,other one""
    The bike feels more smooth when forcing Power,i dont miss the little more Punch before.To commute around the XRX is perfect to me and fits well.

003.jpg

Let's Ride

IMG_2425~photo.jpgIMG_2401~photo-full.jpgIMG_2400~photo.jpgI
    I installed the Upgrade adjustable suspension from HD a few weeks ago. While I had the forks off, I decided to powder coat the triple clamps, Speedo/headlight bracket. I also added matching turn signals that go with the rear turn signals. After loosing the front running lights, I added LED light strips around the fork tubes. Replaced the original headlight with an LED one. Replaced the passager seat (pillion) with a Corbin cover (paint matched). The front end now has a lot of black, so I'm thinking about painting the front fender FAST Orange. What ya'll think?
    Attached Images Attached Images

used ta could

^^^
    Looks great! Orange fender would look awesome.

Bronson Wannabe

Quote Originally Posted by ytman View Post
    ^^^
    Looks great! Orange fender would look awesome.
    agree with yt, a little orange would look good!
    Regards
    Roy

2009 XR 1200
    1983 XR 1000

Sonya's a pretty kitty!

I did it, quite pleased with result.

J.

Raised by Wolves

Today I....rode it! No where special and it was hot!

20200726_183037.jpg

It did however shutdown at a traffic light, as if I stalled out, but the clutch was still in. It started right back up however. When I parked for lunch, I checked the diagnostics and it said "P3074". I cleared it and rode fine. When I got home i checked and it never came back. Go figure.

Raised by Wolves

Anyone had any steering head bearing issues?

Sonya's a pretty kitty!

Hi Gary,

Far as I know steering head bearing issues are rare on XR's. But on most bikes it's possible to induce problems if you do repeated wheelies and hit them with shock loadings in that way. Years ago I saw a Buell stunt bike that actually cracked a front motor mount from stunting.

There's a test you can do at home to check for steering head bearing wear- you get the bike upright on an engine stand so the front wheel is off the deck (best if you have a 2nd person on hand to steady the bike) then grab the front wheel by the ends of the axle and try to pull it fore and aft, moving the axle slowly through it's range of steering motion. If you can detect any slop, or hear/feel any clicking, the bearings are either worn or their contact points are damaged.
    Far as I know, needle roller or tapered roller bearings can be adjusted if worn and kept in service, ball bearings can't and should be replaced. The bearings will have a number stencilled on their side, if replacement is required just get the equivalent number bearing from a bearing supply house (I think Consolidated are still around). Timken & SKF are good names, as is Nachi. Not sure about others, specifically Chinese brands. I have done steering head bearings, it's not a difficult job except when the buggers don't want to fit back in to their housing. Putting them in the freezer for half an hour and gently warming the steering head with towels soaked in hot water can help, plus some lube. Let us know how you go.

J.

Master of Space and Time

What kind of problems are you having? Mine was adjusted (or not) to loose from the factory. I would get some head shake, when slowing down and letting go of the handlebars. Jack the bike up off the ground and adjust to factory specs swabie.

Thanks to all Servicemen & Women that keep us safe.

Fork seal leaks, I noticed oil on my right side front brake rotor. The culprit was a leaking fork seal. Rebuilding the fork was no problem. I had the parts and made the tooling when I rebuilt the left fork. My problem was removing the oil soaked into the brake pads and on the rotor. I had a hell of a time getting all of the fork oil off the calliper and the rotor those holes in the rotor were a real pain. Lots of brake cleaner and elbow grease. Now I will replace the front pads to be sure. It is nice to be able to do this kind of repair myself. The video on the inter web Forkumentory was awesome. Thanks to the member who made and posted it. Excellent stuff. Sorry for the long post. Thank you to all the great guys who contribute to this site.

Let's Ride

It's best that you replace the pads as you are doing. It doesn't do much good trying to clean pads or shoes when they get oil on them. You may think you have them clean but every time the brakes heat up, more oil comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by V-X Master View Post
    Fork seal leaks, I noticed oil on my right side front brake rotor. The culprit was a leaking fork seal. Rebuilding the fork was no problem. I had the parts and made the tooling when I rebuilt the left fork. My problem was removing the oil soaked into the brake pads and on the rotor. I had a hell of a time getting all of the fork oil off the calliper and the rotor those holes in the rotor were a real pain. Lots of brake cleaner and elbow grease. Now I will replace the front pads to be sure. It is nice to be able to do this kind of repair myself. The video on the inter web Forkumentory was awesome. Thanks to the member who made and posted it. Excellent stuff. Sorry for the long post. Thank you to all the great guys who contribute to this site.

There's a fine line between tough and dumb...

I ordered a set of Hepco and Becker C-Bow mounts and bags yesterday. I have the C-Bow mounts on my Triumph Speed Twin, and H&B now makes a lockable hard bag for the C-Bow system. I've been impressed with the quality of the H&B products on the Speed Twin. I'll post again after I receive and install the XR pieces.
    Roger Smith
    2012 Harley XR1200X
    2020 Triumph Speed Twin
    2009 Kawasaki KLR650
    2005 Honda ST1300
    1973 Honda CL350