What Have You Done To Your XR Today? - Page 634
Page 634 of 636 FirstFirst ... 134534584624625626627628629630631632633634635636 LastLast
Results 12,661 to 12,680 of 12703
    the older I get.the faster I was

Default Re: What Have You Done To Your XR Today?

Quote Originally Posted by Seamus View Post
    Bolted on the Storz shifter and had the V&H fender painted black. The original paint had faded badly.

Looking forward to trying the new shifter, but it was raining tonight.

Attachment 241124
    Just wondering, how long is the shift throw

2. Remove Advertisements
    XR1200Owners
    Advertisements

Raised by Wolves

Quote Originally Posted by Sadwingsragn View Post
    I was talking to an older guy who told me about how in the early 70's he was pulling up next to a red convertible GTO packed full of blonds while he was on his sportster sporting his red paisley bandanna and muscle shirt. Came to a stop and when he tried to put his foot out he found his shoe lace had tied itself to the peg on the side he committed to leaning to. Wasn't too bad though, he had six chicks trying to lift the bike and drag him out from under it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
    Never quite; dropped a bike that way, but have come so, so close; always managed to get my foot free in time. That is a true panic-inducing feeling when it happens. One of the reasons I like my zip up boots.

Sonya's a pretty kitty!

[QUOTE=geno;1215010]rz I took off the Storz............... and I bought new boots. I had the standard Storz that fastened with the derby cover bolts. I loctited them, but i had issues with them coming loose, and even sheared the bolts once or twice while shifting in "anger". Ended up selling the Storz to one our esteemed members (MitchG from way northern Canada). I think he ultimately sold it to John (Shackman) in Australia. That shifter has been around the world.[QUOTE]

Well, well well. Every picture tells a story, eh? I always assumed Mitch bought that shifter from Storz himself before GIVING it to me at Colorado 2016 in a peak act of Canadian generousity. Seems not, it was originally yours Geno!

I do find the shifter peg chews the leather of your left boot upper a bit, but by now the serations are worn down some and it's not a problem. You should have hung on to it and waited, or got the file out and smoothed them down a little!

Anyhow I put some nice alloy Sato Racing front pegs on mine over Christmas (thanks again to Jim Hom aka hhauto for assisting with getting hold of them) and the pegs match the Storz shifter nicely. Now for the rears...

J.

I got no friends 'cause they read the papers, they can't be seen, with me.........
    Bum Fukc ......... Out Beyond the Pyramids

Quote Originally Posted by Shackman View Post
    [QUOTE=geno;1215010]rz I took off the Storz............... and I bought new boots. I had the standard Storz that fastened with the derby cover bolts. I loctited them, but i had issues with them coming loose, and even sheared the bolts once or twice while shifting in "anger". Ended up selling the Storz to one our esteemed members (MitchG from way northern Canada). I think he ultimately sold it to John (Shackman) in Australia. That shifter has been around the world.[QUOTE]

Well, well well. Every picture tells a story, eh? I always assumed Mitch bought that shifter from Storz himself before GIVING it to me at Colorado 2016 in a peak act of Canadian generousity. Seems not, it was originally yours Geno!

I do find the shifter peg chews the leather of your left boot upper a bit, but by now the serations are worn down some and it's not a problem. You should have hung on to it and waited, or got the file out and smoothed them down a little!

Anyhow I put some nice alloy Sato Racing front pegs on mine over Christmas (thanks again to Jim Hom aka hhauto for assisting with getting hold of them) and the pegs match the Storz shifter nicely. Now for the rears...

J.
    Hey John, I'm glad to hear that the Storz is working out for you. It is a nice piece of kit. funny how things get around.
    Forecast for Tonioght: ALCOHOL,
    Low Standards and Poor Decisions

used ta could

Another day...another hundred(miles that is) It's exactly 100 miles round trip to work, currently.
    Attached Images Attached Images

User Title Here

You gas up everyday!? Thats a lot of miles.

used ta could

Yessir. Every day.

Turtle

Finally installed my second hand Ohlins. I had a local guy do a service on them so new oil, regas and the shaft bushings also need replacing. All up $250 for the shock service.
    IMG_2522.jpg
    IMG_2517.jpg
    IMG_2518.jpg
    IMG_2520.jpg

Raised by Wolves

Nice

Bronson Wannabe

Imoo, that's one nice sorted XR, Well Done!
    Regards
    Roy

2009 XR 1200
    1983 XR 1000

used ta could

Beeeeeeeeeautiful! How’s the ride?

Sonya's a pretty kitty!

Great rear end, imoo.

Rest of it isn't bad neither.

J.

Turtle

Quote Originally Posted by ytman View Post
    Beeeeeeeeeautiful! How’s the ride?

I only went locally but seemed better on a couple of the sweeper corners near my place - not sure if it is the shocks (most likely) or the fact that the back is now higher. Plan to take it out to a couple of local "country roads" where I have previously tested the bike and see if there is a difference. Overall it felt firmer without being too hard if that makes sense..

User Title Here

$250 for an Ohlins service??? I nearly fainted.

I just paid a suspension shop to rebuild my old Works Racers on another bike for nearly $450.

User Title Here

I tried to change to the pro taper bars and just wasn't successful using the joker machine spacers for the controls. It was very loose. I put the stock bars back for now.

I also spent some time tuning the Ohlins. It seems the previous owner had The Left Preload @ 56mm. But the Right one @ 26mm. Weird.

I set both to 22mm (Ohlins recommends 15mm, I can't set sag yet..no buddies around today to help)

I set the compression @ 1 before soft.

I set the rebound at the recommended 18 clicks.

Can I just say, this is my first Ohlins, and I love how easy it is to change preload! No more bashed knuckles.

Whistling Dixie!
    On the road again, I just cant wait to get off the road again,,,

Quote Originally Posted by imoo6170 View Post
    I only went locally but seemed better on a couple of the sweeper corners near my place - not sure if it is the shocks (most likely) or the fact that the back is now higher. Plan to take it out to a couple of local "country roads" where I have previously tested the bike and see if there is a difference. Overall it felt firmer without being too hard if that makes sense..
    Ease into it on pushing the handling change. That learning curve can reach out an pull the tires out from underneath you! I think you are going to be quite pleased with that upgrade.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
    You see in this world there are two kinds of people my friend.
    Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. #sand to the haters.Hidden Content

Raised by Wolves

Quote Originally Posted by Red Rat View Post
    Yes,seems its the Touring Version of the SM Seat.I believe it works much better than the Stock seat pad......))))))).
    6 weeks to go and season opens again.Still no Snow here around but its not end of February.End of March i will try it.XRX will be the First.Will report whats up.
    Update seat today:
    After new Registration today all i can say after 30 mls.The Seat is great and works well.Sitting a little higher makes it much more comfortable than the OEM Seat.I got the Seat for Free,if you go to a Upholstery Shop it will cost maybe 150,-$ to get the OEM Seat 1inch thicker.There is maybe no need for Gelpads inside but its your choice.

Let's Ride

Added stock Harley slip on’s

Let's Ride

IMG_1748.jpgReplaced tail light and turn signals, didn’t like the stock ones
    Last edited by Chipmaker; 2 Weeks Ago at 09:51 PM. Reason: re-try on pic

Let's Ride

Added a USB port and volt meter