The Covid crotch rocket - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    User Title Here

Default Re: The Covid crotch rocket

Made some time today for the XR project . All I can say is OMG Who ever did this, PUT THE WRENCHES DOWN and step away from doing your own repairs/modifications . There's stuff that wastes time,there's stuff that wastes money, there's even stuff that wastes time and money at the same time no less. But by my estimates , it would take the same amount of time and money to buy the right handle bars instead of BUTCHER something up like this and call it SAFE ?. 1.25" pro taper bar ,ground down to .75" and cut 3 pieces of 1"tube to slip/pound, back onto what you already ground off ....O and don't forget to slit it up the side to accommodate the taper

On a good note,I did manage to shed some light as to where it's heading. Front end should be here this week along with a set of wheels. My poor KTM needs some loving as well,but I'm just going to have to wait
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I took the "short bus" to school because my folks told me it was faster.....what did they tell you ?

2. Remove Advertisements
    XR1200Owners
    Advertisements

used ta could

Sleeving the 7/8” ends to 1” to accept the HD controls is not that far out of normal. It does look a little hacked tho. The big question is how did this person fit the 1 1/8” center section to the XR tree/ bar mount?
    Edit...I see from your other photos that they used a riser like a Rox or something.
    Last edited by ytman; 1 Week Ago at 09:54 PM.

User Title Here

You mean this abor#[email protected]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I took the "short bus" to school because my folks told me it was faster.....what did they tell you ?

used ta could

I was trying to give that person the benefit of the doubt. Clearly they don’t deserve it. You are correct. This person should put away the wrenches, the saw, and the BFH.

I got no friends 'cause they read the papers, they can't be seen, with me.........
    Bum Fukc ......... Out Beyond the Pyramids

doh.gif

That is all I got.........all I got!
    Forecast for Tonioght: ALCOHOL,
    Low Standards and Poor Decisions

Raised by Wolves

That's some incompetence

Poor bike, well done for rescuing it

Just noticed the vin number, have we mentioned before that its a european spec bike from the same batch as mine, is that normal in Canada?

User Title Here

NOTHING is "normal" in Canada right now. Ithink EU and Can share the same batch/prod #s

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12