Hey ive always lived up in the bush n finally i get to own and ride a harlry to my joint preety stoked.
    Habitual Linestepper

Default Hey ive always lived up in the bush n finally i get to own and ride a harlry to my joint preety stoked.

howdy everyone im luke and thanks for havin me on this forum . Just picked up the xr1200 set up for a bit of gravell n shitty roads.there would be plenty that wont get up the mountain this things great The bike come with a remus exhaust (bit of damage) if any body has time could you let me know if thay are any good or not? Have a awsome day
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FB_IMG_1605461989191_1605462105275.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    XR1200Owners
    Advertisements

Bronson Wannabe

Default Re: Hey ive always lived up in the bush n finally i get to own and ride a harlry to my joint preety stoked.

Welcome in from Connecticut, your XR looks like it could go anywhere you want it to!
    Remus has a good rep, but some are prone to cracking.
    nice bike you have, although you look a little young to be driving it
    Regards
    Roy

2009 XR 1200
    1983 XR 1000

Sonya's a pretty kitty!

Default Re: Hey ive always lived up in the bush n finally i get to own and ride a harlry to my joint preety stoked.

Hi XRLuke, I can hear your Aussie accent from here, which is Melbourne!

Congrats from me, John, on buying a fine looking XR, you're right, they are awesome and that's why we're here. We love them and want them to be treasured and looked after. If you go to the "Advanced Search" box at the top right hand corner of the page and insert whatever term you want to investigate, eg. Remus, you'll find so many references and mentions of the word your head will spin. This option is an excellent way to research almost any aspect of the XR you could imagine. Stick around and feel free to ask anything you can't pin down that way. Where are you from in this wide brown land?

J.

5. Remove Advertisements
    XR1200Owners
    Advertisements

I got no friends 'cause they read the papers, they can't be seen, with me.........
    Bum Fukc ......... Out Beyond the Pyramids

Nice XR Luke! Welcome to The Worldwide XR Forum from sunny SoCal! As Roy said, the Remus seems to be a good exhaust if you don't have an issue with cracking.
    Forecast for Tonioght: ALCOHOL,
    Low Standards and Poor Decisions

the older I get.the faster I was

Quote Originally Posted by Xrluke View Post
    howdy everyone im luke and thanks for havin me on this forum . Just picked up the xr1200 set up for a bit of gravell n shitty roads.there would be plenty that wont get up the mountain this things great The bike come with a remus exhaust (bit of damage) if any body has time could you let me know if thay are any good or not? Have a awsome day
    Welcome from Canada, very nicely done bike.
    And I thought I had trouble reaching the ground.

Raised by Wolves

Hi,the REMUS is very light and sounds great.Your Frt Fork looks a little saggy,maybe some new springs are the cure.The BPF Fork is not for Off Road use for a longer time.
    The Frt Axle looks like beeng forced in by a Hammer?.When remove the Frt wheel for a new Tire keep in Mind to remove alle Ridges by a sharp knive bevore.The Axle must go in easily by Hand.

Habitual Linestepper

Hi john i live in the northern rivers nsw inland from byron Bay. I appreciate the heads up on how to use this info available on forum cheers

Habitual Linestepper

thanks for the info matebwhat is bpf forks?

used ta could

Welcome Xrluke. The BPF are the big piston forks than came on the later “X” models. Your bike has those and the X rear shocks as well. Red rat, I think the forks looking “saggy” is an illusion caused by the off road style seal savers. The front fender looks to have been raised for some extra rock clearance. Probably a good idea.
    Have fun with her.

Raised by Wolves

Youre right,didnt rec.that.