Transmission Issue??
    Minnesota XR Rider

Default Transmission Issue??

Here's a new issue that has arose on my 2010 XR. When shifting between 1st and second at the rev limit I feel what is like a skip of the belt. Now I thought it could be the belt but it is properly tensioned. I also thought the clutch could be the issue so I swapped that out. and I still get the skip when I am on the throttle...… anyone else have this issue?? I find it hard to believe the tire is letting loose at the shift point as I have put on a new tire as well.....
    Thanks in advance fellow XR owners!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    XR1200Owners
    Advertisements

Raised by Wolves

Default Re: Transmission Issue??

Wrong Bike i guess

Raised by Wolves

Hitting the Rev limiter 7000 RPM?

5. Remove Advertisements
    XR1200Owners
    Advertisements

Tweaker of Things

You can break the rear tire loose on a 1st to 2nd speed shift without too much problem.
    Phaedrus

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    Albert Einstein

Minnesota XR Rider

Well lo and behold I have the clutch adjusted a little to tight. Found that the slightest input caused the clutch to slip a little and then bang she shuts and your off to the races........... just a weird feeling as this has happened a few times as the front end is climbing up in the air.......guess I need to adjust the clutch when shes warm and not cold.......That heat thing is a bugger sometimes!!
    Thanks all that answered!!
    Doc

Minnesota XR Rider

Quote Originally Posted by hhauto View Post
    Hitting the Rev limiter 7000 RPM?
    I am spinning the motor to 7200...…..it handles it fine!!

Master of Space and Time

Doc, Are you adjusting the clutch at the cable or under the primary cover? Loosen everything up and do it under the primary cover first, then futz with cables.

Minnesota XR Rider

I am getting OLD!! forgot i got a muller throwout in the bike and adjusted it to 3/8...... makes the clutch action all jacked up.... yep adjusted to the 1/8 turn with cables loose and then adjusted to 1/16th on the lever and bango boingo the mysterious skip vanished and all is golden again!! I forgot that the Evolution clutch is so much grippier than the stocker. threw the scotty mod back in just for cruising this year and also forgot that when I do this the digital dash gets out of wack…….ole well fuel mileage is up!!
    Hope everyone is healthy!!

the older I get.the faster I was

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    I am getting OLD!! forgot i got a muller throwout in the bike and adjusted it to 3/8...... makes the clutch action all jacked up.... yep adjusted to the 1/8 turn with cables loose and then adjusted to 1/16th on the lever and bango boingo the mysterious skip vanished and all is golden again!! I forgot that the Evolution clutch is so much grippier than the stocker. threw the scotty mod back in just for cruising this year and also forgot that when I do this the digital dash gets out of wack…….ole well fuel mileage is up!!
    Hope everyone is healthy!!
    The Scotty Mod should not affect the digital dash.

Minnesota XR Rider

Quote Originally Posted by raven View Post
    The Scotty Mod should not affect the digital dash.
    I have the V&H race dash. It is programed for the shift indicator, changing the ratio screws with It, other than it saying I have 6 gears now it works fine!