XR1200 Owners Group banner

Honda CBX /Ducati Build

3K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  gerrychuck 
#1 ·
The build 2013-2014

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Thanks guys for the kind words.Funny thing is,after finishing Iris, and I have never been a boat person, I got a set of cutting files from New Zealand and built this little gem.
12.5 ft long 8 degree dead rise and 300 hp from a supercharged 1.5 ltr Kawasaki motor. I called it "Titan Your Anus " Pic #2 is what happens when you let your wife drive
https://youtu.be/Z9GIGMHfo-g

PS Shakman I wish I had a XR to start with ? bur=t I'm working with what I got 09 sporty

Attachments

#6 ·
Daym, that is crafty! Did you have plans for that? I mean, no one just goes out to the shop and starts cutting metal to build a boat (except maybe ytman, but then I don't think he does boats). Really, that is awesome. Terrific video(s). The first one looks like the coldest boat ride ever. Scared the crap out of a lot of birds. Thanks for sharing!

#8 ·
Both those projects are very cool! Living where you do, it would be just wrong to not have motorcycles, and even more wrong to not have a boat! Heckuva job on both. My wife and I visit the Okanagan every year or two; I haul the XR in a trailer and ride in the mornings, and we tour wineries or take wine-related courses the rest of the time. We're hoping things have settled enough that we can get a trip in this fall. Since our trip last year was centred on Kelowna, this year we would probably be more Penticton and Similkameen, but if we got up to Kelowna, I'd love to see that bike. Any favourite roads to share? I've explored most of the obvious candidates; very interested in the thoughts of a local!

Again, congrats on a couple of awesome projects.

#9 ·
One of the reasons I visit this forum occasionally is to read amazing threads like this one. This level of craftsmanship reminds me of some of the threads posted by thomgoo who, like you, was never daunted by having to come up with a solution to a problem with a build. Nice KTM (one of your old bikes) on the other thread. I'll be interested in what you can do with the '09 Sportster. Being mechanically inept, I'm in awe of people who can do this stuff.
Harry

#10 ·
My fave roads in the Okanagan are
west side rd from kelowna to vernon (great road but getting too busy and running out of places to hide from 50
#6 out of Vernon to Nakusp
and GP33 aka Highway 33 from kelowna to Rock Creek

#12 ·
Thanks! I've ridden the west side rd, and really enjoyed it, and rode 33 to Beaverdell and back, but didn't make it down to Rock Creek. Haven't made it to #6 yet. Actually, I think I rode it in the other direction in 1982, but that was a long time ago! 3a from 97 to Cawston is another favourite; maybe my absolute favourite (so far) in the area. I did love 33 though, although I rode it in the morning in early May, and it was unseasonably cold (for the Okanagan). Nearly froze to death that morning, but zero traffic and nice curvy highway kept me from complaining too much.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.